Avanti test pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti test pics

Just wanted to test posting pics so here are some shots comparing my '64 v '81. BTW the '81 will be for sale at the YORK,PA. swap meet Feb.28- March 2.

Rob, the test worked !!! Nice cars.

Comment

Nice cars...I have never thought of an Avanti in British Racing Green...you may be onto something there.
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

A nice looking pair.
        sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Nice cars! the photos really show the difference in stance between the Stude and the later Avanti.

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
            Nice cars! the photos really show the difference in stance between the Stude and the later Avanti.
            You're right.
            Growing up in the early 70s when everybody in high school raked their 57 Chevys, I was never too fond of them, but it does look right on the Avanti.
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

How about a description and price to go along with the pictures? You may not need to take it to York to sell it.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                How about a description and price to go along with the pictures? You may not need to take it to York to sell it.
                This is the description out of the latest Keystone classified:

"1981 Avanti - 305 V8, Turbo-Hydro, TT, A/C, PS, PW, Momo wheel, tilt column with cruise, Skytop moonroof, Recent Dark Pine (original color) paint, Upholstery work including Recaro Racing seats. There is some NORS chrome trim as well as good used. Rebuilt as a nice driver. Extra parts included. Asking $11,750/OBO. May consider cash & NOS '64 parts."

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
                  This is the description out of the latest Keystone classified:

"1981 Avanti - 305 V8, Turbo-Hydro, TT, A/C, PS, PW, Momo wheel, tilt column with cruise, Skytop moonroof, Recent Dark Pine (original color) paint, Upholstery work including Recaro Racing seats. There is some NORS chrome trim as well as good used. Rebuilt as a nice driver. Extra parts included. Asking $11,750/OBO. May consider cash & NOS '64 parts."
                  That sounds like a very fair price for Your '81......but I sure wish that You wanted that much for the '64!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                    That sounds like a very fair price for Your '81......but I sure wish that You wanted that much for the '64!!!!!
                    Don't think I would be allowed to collect money for a car that is not mine - just got my Keystone Keynotes today and thought I would pass it along. And you are right, if I had 12K, I would give it up pretty quick for the '64... - I think it is somewhere in the last ten produced and has the tilt wheel in it - very nice.

My personal favorite is his Dad's truck - but probably not enough money out there to buy that...

Last edited by 62champ; 02-20-2013, 04:17 PM.

Comment

I can clearly see the different front fender/wheel openings or is it my tired eyes?
                      Jamie McLeod
                      Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
                      1958 Commander "Christine"
                      1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
                      1955 Commander Sedan
                      1964 Champ
                      1960 Lark

Comment

Originally posted by starliner62 View Post
                        I can clearly see the different front fender/wheel openings or is it my tired eyes?
                        Did the Avanti II have less of a rounded opening on top?

Comment

There is a 2" filler piece with drilled "bird's nest" holes on the inner fender wells that acts to raise the body, eliminating the rake and also making room for the higher Chevy motor. They(Avanti) may have also modified the wheel openings somewhat also, not looking so swept to the rear.
                          sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                          X