part #536306 and 532051

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch / Torque Converter: part #536306 and 532051

I have been working with my 59 getting the floor shifter and clutch sorted and have run across some alignment issues. Does any one have a side by side comparison of part number 536306 and 532051? They are outer release shaft levers attached to the clutch release shaft at the bell-housing. 536306 is for the most V8's up to 1960 and the other is for the the Champion powered cars of similar years. Photos would be nice but a good description would suffice. I have the linkages from the car when it had the six cylinder and all other parts are interchangeable except 536306 and 532051. Of course the bracket is different between models but I have a non-Studebaker transmission so that has a fabricated mount for the bracket. Len.

For a '59 wouldn't you want a 1546329? Fits '59-'60 six and V8.
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Dwain, the part is 0203-28 in the diagram, not 0203-1. Sorry for any confusion. I do have all the parts from my six cylinder and they all cross reference to the V8 parts except part 0203-28 in the parts book. Len.

Comment

Okay, I see where I went wrong. Sorry for that. I can show you a pic of the 532051, for all the good it would do without the other one. SI does list them both, maybe they would do a comparison for you.
        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

I do have the 532051 and have it in the setup at the moment. I have the bare block and the empty bell-housing in the car for setup purposes so don't really know if the six cylinder arm will take the load of the 10.5" clutch and pressure plate. I can always fabricate one but would like to see what the differences are. I guess it's the length that would be different to ease the pressure at the peddle but there could be numerous other things.
          Last edited by Guest; 02-20-2013, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X