Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'64 Daytona (4dr) FS in Minn - not too bad...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '64 Daytona (4dr) FS in Minn - not too bad...

Saw this and thought some of those still wanting a project before the thaw begins - might be a good start.

Listed for $1795

It is not mine - but anything looks good in a picture...

Add:
    Last edited by 62champ; 02-18-2013, 07:39 AM.

Not sure what's underneath, but from these pictures, $1795 is a steal!

Comment

Pretty rare, too; how many 1964 Daytona Six sedans with overdrive do you suppose they made in Hamilton? BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
        Pretty rare, too; how many 1964 Daytona Six sedans with overdrive do you suppose they made in Hamilton? BP
        Then add in the split bench with recliners (just a hunch) and push button radio (watch it be AM/FM). Could you count the number of Daytona 6 sedans that have survived on two hands?

Although the cloth looks a little weathered - the dash and top of the rear seat appear in good shape as well...

Being a Daytona - would it still have come standard with just hubcaps or would the full wheel covers been standard?

Comment

The lastnew Stude I looked at in a dealership was a Daytona just like this one,green on green with auto V8 flags on the ear muffs back in Oct 63.
          NEIL G.

Comment

Hey guys,dosent the one photo of the left side rear show a crossed flag on the ear muff?This could be a V8 stick shift.
            NEIL G.

Comment

This car was discussed in this thread:

I did stop to take a look at it Jan 4th and it was sitting out in some pretty deep snow at that time. Lots more snow in that area since then. In post #42 of that thread I put down my observations.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
                Then add in the split bench with recliners (just a hunch) and push button radio (watch it be AM/FM). Could you count the number of Daytona 6 sedans that have survived on two hands?

Although the cloth looks a little weathered - the dash and top of the rear seat appear in good shape as well...

Being a Daytona - would it still have come standard with just hubcaps or would the full wheel covers been standard?
                Yes. Wheel covers were optional on Daytonas, just like anything else. Of course, they were ordered about 90% of the time on Daytonas. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
                  Hey guys,dosent the one photo of the left side rear show a crossed flag on the ear muff?This could be a V8 stick shift.
                  Neil, if you blow it up, I don't think it has V8 flags. IIRC, Canadian Daytonas didn't have the "8" within the crossed-flag emblem, regardless of engine.

Too, the lack of any "8" parallelograms on the front fenders pretty well nails this as a Six. BP

Comment

Closeup of one of the pix I took in Jan. Yes that is snow under the emblem. In all fairness, it wasn't 3 feet deep! Just a bunch was sitting on the fender up against the C pillar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0055 emblem.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	1679062

Jeff in ND

Comment

Jeff_H,

In your humble opinion, does it look like anyone may be considering it? I would love to have another Stude, but at this current moment the money is just not there. Would consider it in April if it is still available.

John

Comment

At that price this is a very good looking Car, if it still has a bottom in it.
                        If you want it, need it etc. I would get a loan from a friend or relative or hock the house to get it before April, I don't think the seller will have it long.
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I was so worked up over this car may be a V8,I totaly missed the lack of chevrons on front fenders.Not in the mood right now for another six.
                          NEIL G.

Comment

Looks like the car was repainted at some point. Maybe they just didn't re-install the fender emblems? (long shot, I know)

Comment

Follow the link I posted to my impressions on the other thread....

Yes, this car has been repainted. It has 1981 license tags on it, has been in a museum for some time and I doubt was driven much or at all prior to that for many years (maybe since 1981). The radial tires look like they are also from about 1981. The front fenders have been patched and have some cracks in bondo showing. The rest of it looks real straight though. Decent but not super show grade paint job. I didnt see the underside due to snow too deep. Driver seat bottom has some wear but the rest of the interior looks nice.

This car is about 3hrs from me and I am not planning to be in that area until at least Easter. I would expect most (but not a guarentee) of the snow will be gone by then! Generally, I assume snow totally gone by tax day (april 15) to be 95% safe.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Working...
                              X