Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for "how to embed youtube" anyone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for "how to embed youtube" anyone???

I'm trying to find out how to embed a youtube video. I've done a few searches here with no luck. Any help ????
    sals54

Have you tried inserting the video in brackets before the URL address and the backslash video in brackets at the end of the address?
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Can't you just copy and paste the URL of the video into your post? If it's a video you created, under the Info & Settings portion of the Video Manager, it gives you the URL on the right, after the number of views, blah, blah, blah. Or you can take the URL out of the address bar at the top of your browser when you're watching the video. I now see there's an "Insert Video" icon here on the Reply field. Guess you can put the URL there.
      Sue

Comment

Originally posted by crusinsusin View Post
        Can't you just copy and paste the URL of the video into your post? If it's a video you created, under the Info & Settings portion of the Video Manager, it gives you the URL on the right, after the number of views, blah, blah, blah. Or you can take the URL out of the address bar at the top of your browser when you're watching the video. I now see there's an "Insert Video" icon here on the Reply field. Guess you can put the URL there.
        Sal

On my PC on the youtube site, right click on the video. First line says copy video, click on that line. That copies the url in the PC.

On our site, click on the film/video icon near the far right in the header. the cursor will be flashing in the url box, hit control V . that will enter the video url and click save. Done.

I see youtube has changed how you do it again.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
          I'm trying to find out how to embed a youtube video. I've done a few searches here with no luck. Any help ????
          I still can't do this with a direct cut & paste.....but....
          Here's what I learned, and it works with this forum....

If you cut & paste your 'share' link from YouTube (using the Insert Video button), your post will look like this:
          http://youtu.be/dUJKwFE

But!
          If you look close at the 'insert video clip' window when you click on it, you will see this...
          Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1234567

See the difference between the cut and paste share address, and this address?

What I do (which is probably dumb, but it works...) is to change the cut & paste address so it reads like the boldened one above.
          (example, with a different video address, but you get the idea...)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

So... When you 'correct' the address to match the intruction box (add the www. and take out the one period, and add the /watchv=
          Then you would get this when you preview it:

There's probably a better way....
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

When posting, just use the little filmstrip symbol next to the image icon, copy and paste the youtube video address and that's it.
            sigpic

Comment

OK, Thanks. Got it. This video will be posted in the Tech side now.

sals54

Comment

Thanks guys. Got it. Its now posted on the Tech Side of the Forum.
                sals54

Comment

Working...
                X