Robert F. Andrews' 1971 Avanti II started for the first time in 22 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert F. Andrews' 1971 Avanti II started for the first time in 22 years

This is a 1971 Avanti II that was owned by my father, Robert F. Andrews, who was on the Raymond Loewy design team for the Studebaker Avanti project. Dad was one of the designers. This was his personal car that he bought new from the Altmans in 1971. This car was kept in storage since Dad's passing in 1991. It has not run since. After a off-frame restoration that began February 2012, the rebuilt engine turned over on February 16, 2013, the first time in 22 years. The last time it ran, Dad was still alive.

Thats Mike Baker of Avanti Restorations and Service in the video. He and Rick Moon performed the off- frame restoration. Great job guys!

This is a 1971 Avanti II that was owned by my father, Robert F. Andrews, who was on the Raymond Loewy design team for the Studebaker Avanti project. Dad was ...

Sounds great! I hope your keeping the car. Family heritage especially one you have, is priceless. We all here are thankful for the contribution your dad made to one of the most outstanding designs of the 20th century.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

How exciting for you Bob, it's looking really nice.
      sigpic
      John
      63R-2386
      Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

That's great Ted. Enjoy the car. Did you get the pictures of your dad that I emailed to you after the meet in South Bend? I enjoyed hearing the things that you and your brother and sister had to say about your dad at the Polish dinner

Denny L

Comment

Denny:

I got the photos. It was great to see new pictures of Dad that we have never see before. That 1974 Convention was something. I could tell in the photos that there was some real neat stuff there.

Dad's car should be road-worthy and street legal within a month.....just in time for Spring!

Comment

Glad you enjoyed them. He was very kind to me.

Denny L

Comment

Nice video...it's neat that it's in what looks to be Avanti Gold.
              Can you tell us more about the car...options, etc?

Did your father ever have a 63-64 Studebaker Avanti?
              63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
              X