Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From the archives #114 (1958 dealer photo Framingham MA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the archives #114 (1958 dealer photo Framingham MA)

Click image for larger version

Name:	dealer 1958 framingham ma copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	1738077

I have hundreds of dealer photos but very few from 1958. This one is a snapshot that had been torn in half. Had to do a little photoshop work to make it look presentable. Besides the cars (note a black Silver Hawk in the showroom) I always look for the signage and misc posters etc. A neat Packard Hawk poster in the showroom window. I believe I have one of those. I also have a inside showroom scene photo from this dealership. Incidentally it was the J. M. Kandra Co. at the corner of Waverly and South Streets in Framingham Massachusetts. I believe the building is still there and filled with NOS Studebaker and Packard Hawk parts.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

I love looking at old car dealership pictures. (Naturally Studebaker dealerships are my favorites!) They seem to tell some very interesting stories all by themselves.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Just this past week I've been in touch with an old school buddy, Brian Kovac, whose dad had the Studebaker dealership in town. I'll e-mail him a note & see if he would post some pictures of his dad's dealership too.
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I'd love to have a poster like that for my man cave !
        sigpic

Packardbakerly,
        J.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]21410[/ATTACH]

I have hundreds of dealer photos but very few from 1958. This one is a snapshot that had been torn in half. Had to do a little photoshop work to make it look presentable. Besides the cars (note a black Silver Hawk in the showroom) I always look for the signage and misc posters etc. A neat Packard Hawk poster in the showroom window. I believe I have one of those. I also have a inside showroom scene photo from this dealership. Incidentally it was the J. M. Kandra Co. at the corner of Waverly and South Streets in Framingham Massachusetts. I believe the building is still there and filled with NOS Studebaker and Packard Hawk parts.
          This is interesting to Me....A friend of Mine that passed on a few years ago bought a leftover Packard Hawk brand new in 1959 from a Stude Dealer in (or near) Framingham. (He lived in Dedham, MA) I wonder if this could be the place?
          PS....His son still owns that white PH!

Comment

Dick,
            You did an near excellent job on rejoining that photo for all of us to enjoy.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
            MELBOURNE.

Comment

From June 2011 to June 2012 I lived a couple miles from there and drove by that location just about every day on the way to work.

It's hard to tell if it's the same building, looking at it on google maps "street view" it now has a second floor. One clue that might indicate it's the same building is the arched opening on the side, it is still there.

I'm curious about the possibility of the parts still being there?
              Dan Peterson
              Montpelier, VT
              1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
              1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Working...
              X