No announcement yet.

Weather Checking Prevention?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels / Tires: Weather Checking Prevention?

The extreme heat here can be hard on tires regularly exposed to the sun. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a product that would slow down the weather checking. Specifically, my blackwall truck tires.
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Go to an RV or trailer store. They sell wheel/tire covers that will fit your specific size truck tire. I have the same problem with my car trailer.....tire sidewalls cracked and wheels are rusty (white spoke). When I replace them, I will get the covers with a silver material that will reflect the sun/heat. Hope this helps.

Dan Miller
    Auburn, GA

Comment

Hi all..
      I am an RVer and tire covers may be best there is a product that is called Protector 303 is super.. Can be used on tires (Only Product that Michelin approves) vinyl trim
      etc. Wonderful stuff.. Not at all greasy.. No silicone in it..
      Ron Husak
      Originally posted by ROADRACELARK View Post
      Go to an RV or traild while Tire covers may be bester store. They sell wheel/tire covers that will fit your specific size truck tire. I have the same problem with my car trailer.....tire sidewalls cracked and wheels are rusty (white spoke). When I replace them, I will get the covers with a silver material that will reflect the sun/heat. Hope this helps.

Dan Miller
      Auburn, GA
      Ron Husak
      Conifer, CO
      Living at 9200 feet and lovin it!
      63 avanti R2 63R-2648

Comment

Working...
      X