Muncie Dragway Pure Stock Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muncie Dragway Pure Stock Event

Don't forget: Friday, August 17 and Saturday, August 18, 2007, will see the inaugural running of a new Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Racing Event at The Muncie Dragway, NE of Muncie IN on SR 67. []

Friday, August 17 will be Test & Tune all day. Saturday morning and early afternoon (August 18) will be 2 out of 3 shootouts based on cars with similar times. (Yes, this is exactly the format used in the traditional Pure Stock Musclecar Drag Race in Stanton MI, which itself is Sept 14 and 15 this year.)

Ted Harbit and the Stude Tomato and Richard Poe with the fastest R1 Lark in captivity (14.27 in the quarter-mile and gaining) will be at least among the Studes at this new Muncie event. (Ironically, both are 1963 Lark Custom 2-doors with 4-speeds. Both were originally R-engined cars, neither full package!)

'Sorry for this late notice, but it occurred to me that I didn't think anyone had posted this on the forum. We hope to see a few folks there from the midwest if you can make it. [8D][] BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Sounds like fun, Fun, FUN!
    We need DVD recorders out there in force!
    Jeff[8D]

Deep-N-Hock Acres
    Brooklet, Georgia
    DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
    '37 Coupe Express
    '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
    '61 Hawk (project: Ist Gen Owner - project)
    Mysterious Project Z
    http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Sounds like fun, Fun, FUN!
      We need DVD recorders out there in force!
      Jeff[8D]

Deep-N-Hock Acres
      Brooklet, Georgia
      DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
      '37 Coupe Express
      '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
      '61 Hawk (project: Ist Gen Owner - project)
      Mysterious Project Z
      http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

HUMMM---
        Now that #! Daughter is attending Ball State U in Muncie, I might just have to go visit her tomorrow night! <G>
        I need a bumper sticker that says "My Daughter and my Money" go to Ball State!

Jim
        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
        their Memorials!

Comment

HUMMM---
          Now that #! Daughter is attending Ball State U in Muncie, I might just have to go visit her tomorrow night! <G>

Jim
          "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
          their Memorials!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52 Ragtop

HUMMM---

Jim
            Jim: If you are serious about going on Saturday, get there early! [:0] The event will essentially be over by mid-afternoon. The promoter for this event, like most of these, only has the track until about 3 PM Saturday. After that, it will be the ordinary Saturday evening show at Muncie with all kinds if cars, but few Pure Stock Muscle Cars. [:I]BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52 Ragtop

HUMMM---

Jim
              Jim: If you are serious about going on Saturday, get there early! [:0] The event will essentially be over by mid-afternoon. The promoter for this event, like most of these, only has the track until about 3 PM Saturday. After that, it will be the ordinary Saturday evening show at Muncie with all kinds if cars, but few Pure Stock Muscle Cars. [:I]BP

Comment

Working...
              X