Vacuum switch for wig-wag stoplight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuum switch for wig-wag stoplight

Still trying to get my wig-wag stoplight set up. I've been told that propane safety switches as used on forklifts can be used to activate the wig-wag, but all the local forklift places laughed at me when I asked if they had any 6-volt units. Does anyone out there have a recommendation (and a source) for what I might use to provide vacuum to the stoplight when I step on the brakes? Thanks. Tom

If they are not too expensive, you might try a 12 volt one and see if it runs on 6 volts. Sometimes it will work. There are lots of 12 volt relays that still work on 6 volts.

BTW, when asking for something out of the ordinary, and you get laughed at, that only means the laughers are a--holes with limited imagination.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Excellent advice. I found one more forklift parts place and a knowledgeable counter man. He fixed me up with a 12-volt unit hat works great on 6-volts on the bench for $56. Thanks. Tom

Comment

Since you are operatig using a vacuum instead of pressure you may need to reverse the in/out port connections.
        Or maybe not -- depending on the seal construction.
        sigpic
        Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

Working...
        X