Oil filter wont fit on tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Oil filter wont fit on tube

I have a 55 224 with a partial flow filter and I'm changing the cartridge. Unfortunately I threw the old one out a few weeks ago. The filter I'm trying to fit over the center tube is hitting a sleeve that's about 1/2" off the metal disk that looks like it supports the bottom of the filter. It seems either there is a filter with a slightly larger diameter lower hole or that sleeve needs removing (I've tried but it wont move). Can any one help please? Parts book lists two cartridges and mine is the shorter one. Thanks -- Nick

If that is what is going on, Nick, take the filter cartridge that won't work to a NAPA store.

Tell them it won't work and you know there is a shorter cartridge and would they please look up the two numbers and bring out the shorter of the two.

If the one they bring out really is shorter than the one you brought in that is too long, you've solved the problem without needing to do any further research. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
    X