Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's a Good Thing I'm Done Siring Children...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a Good Thing I'm Done Siring Children...

...because I know what I'd be willing to tender to own this!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Packa...item19d87b83e8

(I'm going to have to check with our Pastor this Sunday; I'm sure I've died and gone to Heaven to be occupying the same globe with that Packard!)

Off to take a cold shower.. ..BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Well Bob you could sell the fleet and buy that beauty...

Comment

Three colors high...one of my all-time favorite cars.

Bob...I'd be happy to sell any or all of your kids to buy this!
      Last edited by Gunslinger; 02-14-2013, 03:24 PM.
      Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

I know there's one in the south going up for auction in March I think. I'm a bit hazy on the details. I read about it in Hemmings. There is an exquisite Caribbean convertible here in Omaha. I'be seen it at several shows, including the one our Chapter hosts. Truly a remarkable car.
        '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
          Three colors high...one of my all-time favorite cars.

Bob...I'd be happy to sell and or all of your kids to buy this!
          Well, I'd stop well short of selling the kids and grandkids, Bruce! ('Just found out today -Valentine's Day- that our new little grandchild due in July is a GIRL! Woo-hoo; we'll have one of each...at least for now!) BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Want me to go look at it for you Bob? Only about an hour from me. Hey, I'd even store it for you in my garage, no charge.

The guy who founded the Chick-Fil-A restaurant chain lives just a few miles from me. He has a collection of a couple hundred cars, ranging from 30's Auburns to late model Lamborghinis and everything in between, even a few Studes, such as a '29 President. I was able to take a look at his collection last year, and was impressed that most of his cars were lightly worn original survivors. One that I took a lot of time staring at was a '56 Caribbean drop top, in monotone black, all original and it too had those weird reversible seat cushions. It was a beauty.

Comment

Gotta be pocket change for you, Bob. Go ahead - get yourself a Valentine's gift.
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

That is a nice Packard. Congrats Bob, our daughter had our Grandbaby girl 4 weeks ago, no way is she up for sale or trade :-)
                JS
                I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Hi Bob

We all have our holy grail Packards, while I could go for a '56 Caribbean convertible, an more personal ultimate is a '41 Custom Super Eight 180 Sport Brougham by LeBaron:

But, these elegant, architecturally and proportionally prefect Classics raced away from my financial capability at breakneck speed! Of the 99 produced, between 16-18 are accounted for. Great cars require great conservators and fortunately the remaining Sport Broughams are in such capable hands.

Steve

Comment

I owned a 1956 Packard Caribbean Convertible. Not nearly as nice as this one, but it was unusual in that it was a factory two-tone (Black/White). Most all of these that You see have tri-tone paint schemes.

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                      I owned a 1956 Packard Caribbean Convertible. Not nearly as nice as this one, but it was unusual in that it was a factory two-tone (Black/White). Most all of these that You see have tri-tone paint schemes.
                      How did you like it Ed? I worked on a couple, and really enjoyed the uniqueness.
                      Bez Auto Alchemy
                      573-318-8948
                      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                        Gotta be pocket change for you, Bob. Go ahead - get yourself a Valentine's gift.
                        YOU are one funny guy, Bob Kabchef. BP

Comment

I love '55 and '56 Packards. I could never afford a Caribbean, but I'd settle for a 400 hardtop.
                          Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                            ...because I know what I'd be willing to tender to own this!
                            BP

IFPACKARD Dealership, I would consider it my to have at least one of these ultra-fine PACKARD specimens in my personal collection.

I will not run-up the bidding against BP ..and urge all others here not to either to enable Bob to add this vehicle to his ever growing automobile collection.

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
                              How did you like it Ed? I worked on a couple, and really enjoyed the uniqueness.
                              Kind of hard to explain....To stand back and look at it, it was awesome....but to drive something like that every day...?????? Great car for a 'tinkerer', or someone with a deep wallet to pay someone else to
                              'tinker' with it. But then Mine was 34 years old when I bought it, and quite tired. I believe it's been completely restored and is in California now. (During that same time period, a friend bought a very nice 1956
                              Packard Caribbean Hardtop....kind of bulky looking next to the convertible I thought. He still owns that Hardtop...latest edition to it....repo Packard wire wheels...$$$$$$$

Comment

Working...
                              X