Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone purchase a new front glass for a 1947 - 1952 Starlight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone purchase a new front glass for a 1947 - 1952 Starlight.

If you purchased the front glass for a 1947 to 1952 starlight, Can I get the model number off the window. I think it is located on the lower passenger front glass. It could look like: 9-109

My glass guy is trying to get me a price for my 1951 Bus. Coupe.

If you just call Phillips Classic Auto Glass or closer yet, Champ Glass in Idaho, you get the right part without any guess work at all.

And, you will probably Pay too much at a local glass shop that never sells these.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

StudRich, Thats fine, but that was not what I was looking for.

Comment

That's fine Roy, if you want to proceed down the wrong road, that is your choice and your money, have a nice day.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

In the glass industry, the one-piece WS was a WW 45 IIRC That was the old NAGS number. Kurturk will know for sure.
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Roy

The front glass purchased locally 25 years ago for our Starlight has the following bug on the lower drivers side:

AGP
            Autoglass Tinted
            AS 1 M2 Dot 117
            Perry
            \'50 Business Champion
            \'50 Starlight Champion
            \'60 Lark Convertible,
            \'63 GT R1,
            \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Thanks guys, That is what I wanted. I sent Kurt an email but still have not heard from him

Comment

When I had my windshield replaced I had the option of ordering it from Phillips and installing it myself or paying extra to have the local auto glass company handle it. If there was breakage on install it would be their problem. They procured the windshield from...guess who...(drum roll)...PHILLIPS! ...(rim shot)!
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I get my glass from these guys, there great to deal with and there prices are reasonable. http://www.autocityclassic.com/index...=595&Itemid=41

Comment

Working...
                  X