fuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: fuses

I need to check fuses for my 1960 lark. wipers, heater, gas gage, temp gauge, all stopped working. Want to check fuses but cannot find them. Anyone know where they are are.?

If they all stopped working at the same time, i'd be tempted to look at the ingition switch as a probable cause. Junior
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Hi Margaret, and welcome to the SDC forum. Do you have a wiring diagram for the Lark? If not, give John Lasseter a call, I'll bet he has one and can help you find the problem. I don't think there are individual fuses for each of those items so like junior said, could be the switch.

Comment

You can google "electric wiring diagram 1960 Studebaker Lark" & click/look at "images" on top left corner, I did that for my -55 but only found other years & if it's the same for you... than do as I did: ask if someone could post one here!
        It saves loads of time until you've got hold of a book.

Comment

Not sure on that particular model however on a 57 SH and a 62 Lark several of the actual switches has glass fuses on the back of the switch. There could almost not be a more painful location for fuses! If the car has an amp-meter it seems wire failure is often in the wire that feeds the amp meter.
          Ray Stewart SDC
          51 pick-up
          57 silver hawk
          62 lark

Comment

Working...
          X