M5 Pickup brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: M5 Pickup brakes

Hi All - I'm looking for front brake cylinders for my 1948 Stude M5 pickup. I've posted the same question over on the Stude truck forum but so far nothing. I'm googling and Binging the part numbers but still nothing. Does anyone know where I might find some? I know that I could rebrake the whole truck with later model brakes but I'd really like to just put cylinders on and drive it away. I was also wondering if the gentleman that was picked by Mike and Frank from American Pickers would have them but I don't know how to contact him, any ideas? thanks Jim O
    1963 Avanti R2
    1951 Champion Convertible
    1953 Commander
    1957 Golden Hawk

The supplier to most of us vendors does not show these in their catalog, so new wheel cylinders are no longer available for your truck unless one of the vendors has some NOS ones. NOS would not be good unless you put in new kits which are available if yours are rebuildable. Next option is to have yours sleeved if they are pitted or scored.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

M5 brakes

I should have elaborated a little more. I have 3 different cylinders on the truck, a matched set on the rear and 2 different ones on the front. One is correct but the other is not. I'm looking for at least one cylinder so I can get them rebuilt and just bolt on. I use Apple Hyd out on Long island NY for quite some time but I need the cylinder. Any help would be great! Jim O
      Originally posted by 41 Frank View Post
      The supplier to most of us vendors does not show these in their catalog, so new wheel cylinders are no longer available for your truck unless one of the vendors has some NOS ones. NOS would not be good unless you put in new kits which are available if yours are rebuildable. Next option is to have yours sleeved if they are pitted or scored.
      1963 Avanti R2
      1951 Champion Convertible
      1953 Commander
      1957 Golden Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by n29we View Post
        I should have elaborated a little more. I have 3 different cylinders on the truck, a matched set on the rear and 2 different ones on the front. One is correct but the other is not. I'm looking for at least one cylinder so I can get them rebuilt and just bolt on. I use Apple Hyd out on Long island NY for quite some time but I need the cylinder. Any help would be great! Jim O
        I'll look and see if I have a pair. Drop me a line at bomarkham@embarqmail.com
        Bo

Comment

Working...
        X