Dealership sign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealership sign

Finally got my christmas present hung up today. Had to build a wall bracket for it and it was heavy enough I had to have my brother come over and help me put it up. Put it on the back wall in my office. Think it looks good there.
    Last edited by swvalcon; 02-08-2013, 03:55 PM.

Looks GREAT their, I do think it would look better on my wall, but not near as neat! Hint!
    Randy Wilkin
    1946 M5 Streetrod
    Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Nice sign, you lucky dog <g>
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

that looks very nice. Much better than the cheap one I have.
        Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO

Comment

That is awesome looking. Is it a reproduction that is still available? Would love to have one myself.
          Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
          Fort Worth, TX

Comment

The guy that sold it to the wife told her it was from a closed stude dealer somewhere in texas. It has been cleaned up by a repaint and new tubes put on it. Not sure if it is original or a reproduction but the wife thought I would enjoy it and thats all that matters as I do.

Comment

That does look good Steve! My wife got me a large unlit sign last year, very nice. Since we have just moved from Wisconsin to Florida, and are presently building a house, it will be a while before I hang all my signs and other hangable items. I'd like to find one like yours sometime, but no rush for now. Bill

Comment

That is about the coolest Stude. Sign I have ever seen, it may be a one of a kind.
                It looks like someone in the Day had it special made or bought the common Factory Authorized heavy steel, porcelain
                coated service sign and had the lighting made for it.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The
                  common Factory Authorized service sign did not have the vertically stretched "tudebaker" lettering.
                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

The neon lettering had been redone and they may not have got it right. I still like it.

Comment

Will have to talk to Santa about my needs for next year. Now I will have to behave.. Nothing better than to have one with the Neon that works! it looks great in your shop..

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
                        The neon lettering had been redone and they may not have got it right. I still like it.
                        "correct" or not, i like it!!!

it's also great that you have a "wife-unit" that would purchase it for you, and "tolerates" your addiction...
                        Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I believe after doing some research on the sign, its lettering and font it is only legal to disply in upstate South Carolina - I will help with the shipping.
                          Dave Hugo
                          Wellford, SC
                          1940 Champion
                          1950 Champion Coupe
                          1955 President Coupe
                          1963 Lark Custom 2 Door V8

Comment

Dave Nice try but I dont think so.

Comment

Whether it's original or not, it looks terrific on your wall. Enjoy it.

Rog
                              '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                              Smithtown,NY
                              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                              X