NEW GLASS OR USED? 55 President C Body Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: NEW GLASS OR USED? 55 President C Body Coupe

Any recommendations appreciated here: I need both side windows replaced (slight cracks in each) and the left side wind-wing window. Any members ideas? There is a Glass Doctor nearby but I have yet to get a quote from them. I wonder if anyone has C Body window purchase experience? I have no idea what Glass Dr. would charge for new. I would like to know what others have paid. I plan on taking out the windows and just delivering the units to the G/D. I'll do the reinstall.

Would these be available from other SDC members? Perhaps it wouldn't pencil $$$ out when shipping is included. If you have some, send me a P/M with price.

Whoopee! Almsot on the road!

C/B

Clear? ...or ...(factory green) Tinted? Could make a difference in availability and price.

Comment

Flat glass I have purchased from local auto glass suppliers for my '55 Sedan and I have replaced all but one passenger door window. The tint was available, no problem. Windshield glass is available from from Phillips or I believe SI. You may even find that SI has flat glass and they could advise shipping cost.
      Cost wise for flat was not that expensive at least in my estimation.
      sigpic
      55 President Deluxe
      64 Commander
      66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

I always use tempered side glasses. Looks better and is safer than laminated.
        Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome
        Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Originally posted by CHIEF BLAZE View Post
          Any recommendations appreciated here: I need both side windows replaced (slight cracks in each) and the left side wind-wing window. Any members ideas? There is a Glass Doctor nearby but I have yet to get a quote from them. I wonder if anyone has C Body window purchase experience? I have no idea what Glass Dr. would charge for new. I would like to know what others have paid. I plan on taking out the windows and just delivering the units to the G/D. I'll do the reinstall.

Would these be available from other SDC members? Perhaps it wouldn't pencil $$$ out when shipping is included. If you have some, send me a P/M with price.

Whoopee! Almsot on the road!

C/B
          Used glass, after all these years, would probably really be showing it's age......for a restoration, new glass is a must.

Comment

The 'bad' thing about new glass, is that it's thinner, and doesn't fit window channels, and frames. You can use thicker setting channel rubber inserts, but it's not a bolt in job.
            Bez Auto Alchemy
            573-318-8948
            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
            X