Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burke Avanti.....Collecting old race pictures, history and info to update webpage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burke Avanti.....Collecting old race pictures, history and info to update webpage

Hello,

I put together all the old race pictures that folks sent me, with some I found online and on this forum. Then added links to the information I found on the history of the car. I will follow up with updates as we continue forward in our attempt to race ECTA events this year, and our long term goal set on getting the car back to Bonneville and El Mirage.

Please post any corrections to history, I want to make sure facts are correct. Also if anyone has any old pictures please share them with us and I will post on the website.

Here is a link: http://burkeavanti.com/index.html

Am I remembering correctly that this car, (as Stude powered #90), set records with a supercharged 259 CI engine? And if so, does anyone know if it was set up as an R2 Avanti would be except using a 259 short block?

Comment

It was 229 CI. It had a 3 5/8" + .040 bore and a 2 13/16" stroke crank off a 55.

Comment

One more.

Comment

Working...
        X