Parts I.D. please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts I.D. please

I'm about half way there to attend Colorado meet this summer with my boy. And have ordered the manual for my 50 Champion from Stude Int. It's been about four days now and I wanted to work in the garage today. But, I could use some help with this part that may be a part I cleaned and painted. Got one more question?

What goes on the end of the hood pull cable? I can't find it in the parts catalog.

Usually the hood cable is held by a small metal tab that hooks over the sheath of the cable to hold it in place. The tab is secured by a screw alonside of the cable. In your picture there appears to be a small hole just above the upper right hand bolt of the hood latch assy. Chances are that is where the screw goes to hold the tab over the release cable. Let us know what you find.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

thanks
      The hole (I think) secures the screw that holds the cable hold down....Got that....But, on the very end of the wire is that bulb--that fits through the latch. I can't find the part for that.......And the hood worked when I took it apart, just not sure what to look for in the garage.
      thanks

Comment

Got the cable figure out. The bulb on the end of the cable looks like an hour glass. I found the piece that keeps the bulb from slipping through the latch assembly, it's about 3/8 long and 1/4 diameter with a set screw. And I found the cable holder. I put the two pieces right where I found it--just forgot where I put it. The two were in my bumper bolts baggie...duh.
        But still don't know where the other piece came from.
        Thanks
        Rick

Comment

Working...
        X