89 Avanti Parts Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 Avanti Parts Book

I have found several Chevrolet "parts" books on Ebay and Amazon but nothing specific to Caprice, which was the base for my 89 convertible. Do not need drive train stuff (motor, transmission etc) but rather all the other stuff. Found an "owners" manual from Helmic, but the technical advisor was not sure of content. Spent many hours tracking down replacement window sweeps; part number would have simplified this. Is there any specific book that would help? Ken, Deltaville, Va

I'm pretty sure I have a spare 89 Caprice (B body) parts book. If so, it would include everything, both chassis and body. Not sure it will cover just 89 -- it might be 87-90 or some such. However, won't be able to search for it till the end of the week. If I have one, the price will be right -- you can have it for the postage.

Be aware that GM parts books are infinitely more difficult to use than Stude, as many small parts are not illustrated, even though their part numbers are listed. And GM supercedes part numbers all the time, though a superceded number will still get the dealer to the correct current number.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Do not expect a 1989 Chevrolet parts book to help you with anything but chassis parts for your 1989 Avanti. A very few body items may have been used, but the parts book will not tell you that. To make a 1989 Avanti two door, the entire four door Caprice body was removed from its frame.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
        I'm pretty sure I have a spare 89 Caprice (B body) parts book. If so, it would include everything, both chassis and body. Not sure it will cover just 89 -- it might be 87-90 or some such. However, won't be able to search for it till the end of the week. If I have one, the price will be right -- you can have it for the postage.

Be aware that GM parts books are infinitely more difficult to use than Stude, as many small parts are not illustrated, even though their part numbers are listed. And GM supercedes part numbers all the time, though a superceded number will still get the dealer to the correct current number.
        skip, thanks. see PM, Ken

Comment

Working...
        X