Just wanted to say Thanks!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wanted to say Thanks!!

Well, yesterday while at work (I work on motorcycles at a HD dealership in Roswell, GA) on a test ride, I nearly wrecked a brand new motorcycle. But the cause was a good one. I was riding down alpharetta hwy and saw a little sign on the side of the road that said "Studebakers" with an arrow pointing into the parking lot of a local resturant. Well, me being me, locked up the rear brakes, but realized that I couldnt make the turn into the parking lot. So I went to the next light, turned around and pulled into my almost heaven.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	734255_10200522033879628_2027446284_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	1738005
    Well this was just a little taste of what was in the parking lot. There was a '48, a '51, a couple of Avanti's, a super mint '55 president, and a couple of '55's -'57's I think. It was awesome to see. I ripped my helmet off and walked around these cars for a little bit. I tried to hang out until they were done with their lunch, I wasn't about to walk in there and interupt even though I seriously thought about it, but I could hang any longer. But my face was all tingles from the grin that was on my face. I just makes me want to run home and work on mine. But I just wanted to say thank you to the guys and gals who drove the cars to lunch. You made my saturday that much better!!

It's always fun to run across Studes (one or a bunch) unexpectedly. Even seeing one on the hiway's a treat. Doesn't happen often enough, but it does happen from time to time. Wonder if what you saw was the North Ga. gang.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

While driving west on the Ohio Turnpike last August 25th, I spotted a familiar shape ahead of me.
      I turned to my wife and said, "there's a Studebaker pickup ahead" And sure enough when caught up to him it was a red M series Studebaker truck. Looked to be in stock form and running nicely down the turnpike.
      What pleasing sight to see! I always have a eye out looking for Studebakers when we travel.
      sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
      Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
      "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Working...
      X