Rambler Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rambler Tour

I normally to not go on many tours as I prefer to search for parts and talk Studebaker. I looked at the tours and saw the Rambler Ranch tour. I was so happy to see it was on Friday. Even though my wife does not want to go on the tour, I ordered a tour ticket. The ranch seems like it is nicer than the AMC Museum.
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

We are thrilled that you will be attending our meet. I am sure you will enjoy the Rambler Ranch. My husband and I toured it last year, and even I enjoyed it. It is in a beautiful location, and many places to sit and enjoy the scenery. We look forward to seeing you in our great state. Trish--Secretary/Colorado International meet.

Comment

Originally posted by Trish View Post
      We are thrilled that you will be attending our meet. I am sure you will enjoy the Rambler Ranch. My husband and I toured it last year, and even I enjoyed it. It is in a beautiful location, and many places to sit and enjoy the scenery. We look forward to seeing you in our great state. Trish--Secretary/Colorado International meet.
      Trish,

If you need anyone local to help with the coordination of the Rambler Ranch Tour, I'm just in the process of moving to Elizabeth, and should be well settled in there by tour time. I've never been to the Rambler Ranch, but I look forward to meeting the proprietors there. Holler if you need any assistance organizing that tour.

You can reach me at tedpreston31@hotmail.com

Comment

Mark convinced me to sign up for this trip... so I added it to my list.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Preston View Post
          Trish,

If you need anyone local to help with the coordination of the Rambler Ranch Tour, I'm just in the process of moving to Elizabeth, and should be well settled in there by tour time. I've never been to the Rambler Ranch, but I look forward to meeting the proprietors there. Holler if you need any assistance organizing that tour.

You can reach me at tedpreston31@hotmail.com
          Thanks, that would be great. I will forward your email address to our tour director, John Mitchell.

Comment

Rambler Ranch tour

Hi Unclemilte,
            I am glad you have decided to take the tour of my collection! You will not be dissapointed, there are 200 cars indoors and 400 cars in the bone yard. Besides Nash, Rambler & American Motors cars I have 37 other makes to look at including 4 Studebakers. I also collect Kelvinator appliances since they were part of Nash from 1937 thru 1968. There are 4 buildings to tour and the bone yard.

I have joined the national and local Studebaker clubs and have been working on my Studebakers, they will be on display for the meet. I have a 1961 Lark cvt, 1965 Cruiser, 1964 Wagonaire and a 1963 Zipvan. The Zipvan is at the paint shop and should be back for the show.

I look forward to meeting everyone at the show!
            Terry

ramblerranch.com

Comment

Thank you so much for joining our club and for chiming in here. It really is appreciated!

Frank van Doorn
              SDC North Central Director
              Originally posted by Rambler Ranch View Post
              Hi Unclemilte,
              I am glad you have decided to take the tour of my collection! You will not be dissapointed, there are 200 cars indoors and 400 cars in the bone yard. Besides Nash, Rambler & American Motors cars I have 37 other makes to look at including 4 Studebakers. I also collect Kelvinator appliances since they were part of Nash from 1937 thru 1968. There are 4 buildings to tour and the bone yard.

I have joined the national and local Studebaker clubs and have been working on my Studebakers, they will be on display for the meet. I have a 1961 Lark cvt, 1965 Cruiser, 1964 Wagonaire and a 1963 Zipvan. The Zipvan is at the paint shop and should be back for the show.

I look forward to meeting everyone at the show!
              Terry

ramblerranch.com
              Frank van Doorn
              Omaha, Ne.
              1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
              1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
              1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Well gang, I can now say that I HAVE had the opportunity to tour the Rambler Ranch and to meet Terry. I had a lovely morning walking through the collection on Saturday, and it turns out that it's right in my neighborhood.

Terry's collection really is top notch, the grounds are beautiful and even the displays are well done. Complete too, as not every collection has a boneyard to complete the mystique!

Just to return the favor to Terry for giving me a personal tour, I'll pass on the location of a savable Nash I found nearby today. I went out for a motorcycle ride around the plains east of Elizabeth, keeping my eyes peeled for antique "orphan" makes that attract me. This 49, 50, 51? Nash 600 sedan was parked in Ramah, Colorado down on Hwy 24.

Comment

Help with tour

Ted, I tried to email you about this tour, but it came back as undeliverable. I am sure John would appreciate any help you could give on this tour. You can reach me at trishp38@hotmail.com...

Comment

Would the Ranch be open for tours at times other than the SDC tour?
                    Gary Sanders
                    Nixa, MO

Comment

I sincerely hope that you are not located near any of these fires that are raging out there!!!!! I did some digging and see you are well north of Colorado Springs. I am anxiously awaiting the tour!

Comment

I saw Terry's collection in 99. It absolutely blew my mind. It was incredible! Take your wife with you. Plenty of period items around and in the cars. Also there was a 50's replica soda fountain and area to sit at. I highly recommend it for all teens and adults. Might want to leave the little ones behind. If you take them you will spend most of your chasing them to not touch the items. Also his outdoor collection is filled with nice cars waiting to be restored or parts. Happy trails.....

Comment

Will the Rambler Ranch be open to visit other times besides the SDC tour?
                          Gary Sanders
                          Nixa, MO

Comment

Originally posted by Gary1953 View Post
                            Will the Rambler Ranch be open to visit other times besides the SDC tour?
                            Gary,

The Rambler Ranch is only open for car club gatherings. It is not generally open to the public.

If you want to see it, you need to go with your club.

Comment

Working...
                            X