Repo'd rubber floor mats ? ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repo'd rubber floor mats ? ?

Some time ago a Mr. McCall was providing reproduced rubber floor mats. There seemed to be a communication problem and I thought I'd just hold off until further info/posting on quality and availability. Anyone got the skinny ? Might he bring some to York for the Spring sell-season ?

I'd be interested in a set for the Avanti...if they are correct dealer sold items for the period.

IIRC, even nice cars had dealer installed rubber mats back then. The idea of carpeted floor mats was some time off.

I'm a bit young to be an expert of what was correct 50 years ago, can someone clearify tell me if I'm wrong?
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
      I'd be interested in a set for the Avanti...if they are correct dealer sold items for the period.

IIRC, even nice cars had dealer installed rubber mats back then. The idea of carpeted floor mats was some time off.

I'm a bit young to be an expert of what was correct 50 years ago, can someone clearify tell me if I'm wrong?
      His mats are very nice and, as best I could determine without actually putting an original on one, they are exactly the same as the originals.
      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post

I don't claim to be an expert on what was correct 50 years ago either, but I'm not too young -- I wuz there, and my recollection matches yours. I have books listing all available accessories from both Stude and Chevy for the early 60s, and all the mats were all rubber. Most were available only as single colors, but some of the Chevy mats had the bow tie emblem in a contrasting color. The ones Stude offered in 63-66 were nearly identical to the Rubbermaid aftermarket mats, but with a lazy S in the middle.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

Here is a set of the new ones be reproduced - they certainly look nice...

Comment

Originally posted by jackb View Post
            Some time ago a Mr. McCall was providing reproduced rubber floor mats. There seemed to be a communication problem and I thought I'd just hold off until further info/posting on quality and availability. Anyone got the skinny ? Might he bring some to York for the Spring sell-season ?
            He usually has some stuff there Jack, but who knows exactly what. He seems to focus on the earlier items.
            Chip
            '63 Cruiser
            '57 Packard wagon
            '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
            '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
              Here is a set of the new ones be reproduced - they certainly look nice...
              Not a very good picture, but here is a set of original mats.
              Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Those are great mats. I'd like to find a couple sets...
                Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Here's the original thread with more photos of the reproductions along with John McCall's contact information.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

So are they $175 or $375? Will need blue and green...
                    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I like the older rubber mats better than the new ones that are carpeted! You take them out, wash them, dry them and then put them back. Easy Peasey!! Call me old fashioned.
                      1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                      X