Mystery SDCers to Identify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery SDCers to Identify

'Ran across a couple of random, nice photos of SDC folks this morning while looking for something else. The photos were taken almost ten years apart.

Anyone care to identify the people?

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

First pic is Stude St. Bob
    1936 Dictator
    1950 Champion Regal 4 dr parts car
    1953 Commander Regal HT
    1953 2R5 Pickup
    1947 M16 Truck
    1960 Lark VIII Convertible
    1960 Champ 5E7 step side short box
    1962 Champ 7E5 no box
    1962 GT Hawk
    1963 Lark VI 4 dr
    1963 GT Hawk R2
    1964 Daytona Convertible
    1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

Comment

I'd say the first pic was Bob Kabchef....But he has long pants on, so that can't be right
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Right on Number 1, guys; that's Roscomacaw Bob Kabchef surveying the Mid-Michigan Motorplex Drag Strip at the 2005 Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race. The smile comes from seeing the "win" lights illuminated in whichever lane was occupied by an R-engine Studebaker.

The second gentleman is deceased, I am sorry to say, but was in excellent health when this picture of him and his charming wife was taken at the 1996 SDC International Meet in Long Beach. He was a kingpin in Chicago-area SDC and ASC for decades and one of the finest gentlemen you could ever ask to meet.

He was also the only man to serve as President of both The Studebaker Drivers Club and The Antique Studebaker Club...at different times, of course. He is/was....???? BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob,
          I believe that is Ken Holste, past President of both the SDC & ASC. We first met him at our first SDC Meet at Colorado Springs in 1973.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
          MELBOURNE.

Comment

The drags were a fun event - both at the track as well as the evening BS congregations at the motel. For that matter, so was the '96 Internats in Long Beach, a fun time. Much to the chagrin of many, I'm still here to reminisce about both.
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
            X