Fishing for a 64 2 dr sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing for a 64 2 dr sedan

My Avanti is nearly done so I will soon need another time consumer. LOL I'm leaning towards building a sleeper 2 door sedan base model. (Commander or Challenger?) Anyway, looking for a project. A big turn off for me is rust, unless it's just in the fenders then they are easily replaced. Please let me know of anything around WA State.
    Thank you
    Harvey
    Last edited by gs-xnr; 02-01-2013, 05:45 PM.

The base model was the Challenger. Like the one called "The Plain Brown Wrapper" owned by George Krem. They have no side trim.

Comment

Yep, the Challenger was the re-named Standard trim level (from 1963).

I like 'em, too - wonder why!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks Guys,
        Commander or Challenger it is then!
        Last edited by gs-xnr; 02-01-2013, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Commanders are almost as spartan. I have a rusty 2-door sedan that I'm gathering up parts for. It's a 6 cylinder with three on the tree and OD. Looking at putting in a 4.3L V6 and a 4L60E transmission.
          Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Originally posted by Swifster View Post
            Commanders are almost as spartan. I have a rusty 2-door sedan that I'm gathering up parts for. It's a 6 cylinder with three on the tree and OD. Looking at putting in a 4.3L V6 and a 4L60E transmission.
            I think you are looking at the INSIDE Tom, not the outside. Quite a bit of difference there.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have a two-dr Commander that is pretty much a rust bucket, but I already had all of the exterior sheet metal NOS. I bought it for a parts car because it has a 289, factory four-speed, posi-traction rear-end, etc. It runs well, everything works, and I like the looks of it more all the time, so it will, hopefully, not be a parts car.Mr. Paul Johnson turned me on to the car here on the forum, and at the IM last summer found me some NOS seat covers for it.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                I think you are looking at the INSIDE Tom, not the outside. Quite a bit of difference there.
                Rich, don't you have a 2 dr in your herd? Harvey

Comment

I have access to a 64 2 door commander with little rust in the floor, no engine, or trans, dash is out but there, body work on body done , friend and his son were going to build a drag car but son got into Mustangs, so car is for sale, no pictures at this time and car is 100 miles away from me round trip, $1500.00 or you can think about this 64 Daytona 2 door hard top complete car 259, auto, power steering and brakes, need to be restored very few 64 Daytonas built, this picture is after the cheap after market vinyl rood cover was removed and repair done from it. $4000.00.

Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

Originally posted by gs-xnr View Post
                    Rich, don't you have a 2 dr in your herd? Harvey

Yes Harvey, I do have a '63 Lark Regal 2 Door 6 Cyl. Overdrive, with a very good running OHV 6 Cyl. for sale that I thought about when I saw this, but not sure that is what you want.

But more in keeping with your request but still not a '64, would be Mike's '63 Lark Custom Trim, 2 Door Sedan with Factory R1 and a beefed up H.D. Flight-O-Matic.

I am sure you saw the Posts and Ebay Ad about it, it will go for quite a bit under $5000.00, a good deal for a Jet Thrust powered Lark.

My Daytona 4 Dr. is the 37th V8 Car built in South Bend, a Berkley, CA Dealer Intro. Showroom Car and my loaded '64 Daytona Hardtop is the Burlingame Calif. Stude. Corp. Northern Calif. Zone Office and Parts depot executive Car. Both
                    Stratto Blue and both keepers.
                    Last edited by StudeRich; 02-02-2013, 12:04 AM.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The unfinished commander sounds like a bullseye for me. Ask them to take some pics. My email is exner@shaw.ca. Thanks!.

Comment

Hi Rich
                        A 63 is my second choice. I looked at Mike's and was a bidder on eBay. Keep me in mind if you see something interesting in a 64. Thank you.

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

Yes Harvey, I do have a '63 Lark Regal 2 Door 6 Cyl. Overdrive, with a very good running OHV 6 Cyl. for sale that I thought about when I saw this, but not sure that is what you want.

But more in keeping with your request but still not a '64, would be Mike's '63 Lark Custom Trim, 2 Door Sedan with Factory R1 and a beefed up H.D. Flight-O-Matic.

I am sure you saw the Posts and Ebay Ad about it, it will go for quite a bit under $5000.00, a good deal for a Jet Thrust powered Lark.

My Daytona 4 Dr. is the 37th V8 Car built in South Bend, a Berkley, CA Dealer Intro. Showroom Car and my loaded '64 Daytona Hardtop is the Burlingame Calif. Stude. Corp. Northern Calif. Zone Office and Parts depot executive Car. Both
                        Stratto Blue and both keepers.

Comment

I will ask and see if he can get me some.
                          Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California

Comment

I mentioned a 1964 2dr Commander on the forum not long ago athat my friend bought. It has "Cruiser" emblems on the front fenders and on the truck lid. It is a good-running, solid car with 289, 3-spd manual with overdrive. He would probably sell if for around $5,000. Georgia, however, is a long ways from Canada.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08019.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	1678853

Comment

Thank you for the tip. The car will be going to WA State but that still makes it too expensive for transport. Up and down the west coast is great because I have access to a truck and trailer so I can pick up myself. I did that with my Avanti that I bought in AZ. Harvey
                              Originally posted by Sam Ensley View Post
                              I mentioned a 1964 2dr Commander on the forum not long ago athat my friend bought. It has "Cruiser" emblems on the front fenders and on the truck lid. It is a good-running, solid car with 289, 3-spd manual with overdrive. He would probably sell if for around $5,000. Georgia, however, is a long ways from Canada.[ATTACH=CONFIG]20961[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                              X