Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't there any posts about the lower cover(shroud ) for the heater core in the floor( 53,etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why aren't there any posts about the lower cover(shroud ) for the heater core in the floor( 53,etc

The AMT model car has a shroud ,or cover on the bottom of the chassis. Why aren't there more questions about a missing cover ? Did they really have a cover on the bottom of the chassis ? My 55 I think doesn't have a cover . Thought this is an interesting question !!!! Mike

A Hardtop would have torque boxes to connect the rocker panel to the frame for extra support. There is a splash pan under the clutch and brake pedal but neither are all that large, certainly nothing that covers the whole frame.

A toy is not a good reference, try looking in the Studebaker Shop Manual for more accurate info.

It also matters which Body Style your '55 is, Hardtop "K" Bodies, Coupe "C" Bodies and Sedans/Wagons F,W,Y & D all have different under carriages.

I think Volkswagen Bugs have covered bottoms but not Studebakers, they're Nude like all other American Cars.

UPDATE: OK, I was reading your Text, it looks like the Title is telling a different story!

There is no "Cover" over the right hand side under seat Heater core, only the box it is inside of where the 5 Ft. hose (Duct) connects to draw the Air from the right fender vent door to make the Heater actually work.

No one has ever asked about it, because there has never been a Car without the complete Climatizer system that the owner did not know why. Unless of course the Car was never ordered with one.

If your car has an aftermarket non-Studebaker Heater without the separate Defrost system, anything is possible.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 02-01-2013, 12:06 AM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
    X