Back to my Studebaker roots.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to my Studebaker roots.

I have a 61 Lark I acquired in 1991. This car got me into the hobby, SDC, etc. I have many great adventures with this car. Since then I have had two other brands of antique cars. Now I am downsizing and wanting to get into my Lark only; ie, as my all purpose show and touring antique car. Does this sound crazy or sensible?
    (PS it is not a money issue).
    Anyway just throwing this out to see if people are doing the same sort of things.
    Thanks.
    David G. Nittler

Sounds good to me. I have sometimes owned other old vehicles, but I always come back to just Studebaker.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Many years ago I traded my 1963 Lark Daytona Convertible for a 1941 Chevrolet Coupe.
      Had some fun with the Chevy, but way more with that Lark convertible! Always regretted losing my Lark.

Sold the Chevy then found a 1957 Packard Clipper wagon, then a 1965 Wagonaire found me!
      I'm back to stay.
      sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
      Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
      "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

I too have strayed from time to time.(Father forgive me) But never got completely out of Studebakers. I ventured into the realm of MGs and Triumph. Also did a little Cadillacin'.

I owned 1967, 68, and 73 MG midgets. Fun little cars, but like a go-cart. You had to work on them every time you drove'm.

I had a 69 ElDorado back in the day, but when somthing broke on that thing, it cost a fortune to fix.
        I currently have a 71 ElDorado Convertible and a 65 Triumph Spitfire. I would gladly send the Eldorado to a new home if anyone wants one, but the Spitfire is a family heirloom so I guess I'll have to keep it.

When the kids were teens, we would tie garland and jingle bells on the Caddy, drop the top and go South Ga. Sleigh riding at Christmas time. Lots of memories but I haven't driven either one in years...
        Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
        X