Back up lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Back up lights

I am working on a 59 silver hawk. Today I thought I would ready the tail light assemblies for re-installation some day in the future. When I took the car apart the wiring was not hooked up so I did not take a close look untill today. The tail light has two round lenses in it the larger one is red and has a dual filament bulb. This is what I expected. But when I removed the other one (it is clear) there was no bulb or wiring socket. The assembly had a red plug inserted in it where I expected to see the wiring. Were the reverse lights an option? Come to think of it I dont recall seeing a switch to even turn these lights on. I did a quick search and did not find what I was looking for so I was thinking someone could help me figure this out. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by RDWEAVER View Post
    I am working on a 59 silver hawk. Today I thought I would ready the tail light assemblies for re-installation some day in the future. When I took the car apart the wiring was not hooked up so I did not take a close look untill today. The tail light has two round lenses in it the larger one is red and has a dual filament bulb. This is what I expected. But when I removed the other one (it is clear) there was no bulb or wiring socket. The assembly had a red plug inserted in it where I expected to see the wiring. Were the reverse lights an option? Come to think of it I dont recall seeing a switch to even turn these lights on. I did a quick search and did not find what I was looking for so I was thinking someone could help me figure this out. Thanks in advance.
    The back up lamps were an option....but ALL '59 Hawks carried the rear white back-up lens...it was part of the design. Back-up lamps weren't ordered on Your Hawk.

Comment

Would it be worth hooking these up ? What do ya think?

Comment

Originally posted by RDWEAVER View Post
        Would it be worth hooking these up ? What do ya think?
        Definitely......If it were My car, I couldn't stand those lamps non-functional.....and at inspection sticker time try explaning that the car was 'built that way'!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X