Decode this VIN please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Decode this VIN please.

I looked at this car yesterday. Decent shape but has sat for a looooong time. It is for sale and I wondered if there was something special about the car that I was maybe missing. Body# is S-Y4 7424 VIN # is CI33539.
    Thanks for your help.

This should be a 1966 Studebaker Commander 4 door sedan, I guess. CI33539 should rather be C 133539.

http://www.oldparkedcars.com/2012/05...oor-sedan.html
    Last edited by Swiss-Goldenhawk; 01-27-2013, 06:57 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Much more important, is the fact that the "S" in the body tag number S-Y4 and the 1 in the first digit of the Serial number indicates a Six Cylinder car and Engine.

I would look for the Decal on the Valve Cover and the Emblem on the front fender to find out if it is the larger 230 or smaller 194 GM Engine and find out if it has the desirable 3 Speed manual transmission WITH Overdrive, a straight Manual 3 speed Trans. or an Automatic.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

It is a GM six 230 and has the OD and TT rear. It really is in good shape but it's not for me right now. I assume it was made in Canada?

Comment

Originally posted by RDWEAVER View Post
          It is a GM six 230 and has the OD and TT rear. It really is in good shape but it's not for me right now. I assume it was made in Canada?
          Yes it was.
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
          X