Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sold my 56J replacing it with this coupe....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold my 56J replacing it with this coupe....

We found a great home for one of our 56 Golden Hawk's....just before Christmas. Shortly thereafter, we found another beautiful coupe, an all steel Ford 3 window. Had to have her. As with the Hawk, this was an older build. Was able to contact all the folks who built the car before moving on it. The fellow who painte it used 6 coats of acrylic enamel..... over 14 years ago. 'There is no a nick ...dent...crack in the paint....and only 465 miles on the odometer !!! Don Borger used the same paint on the Golden Hawk... back in the 80's..... same deal. Paint was letter perfect on it when the new owner took delivery. My intent is to drive and enjoy this one. What the heck....you can't take it with ya !!!
    Attached Files

Well Mike...sorry you went over to the Dark Side....

However, looks like you have an awesome "roadable" machine there!

Just be sure you don't have one of those absentminded lapses and pop your door open to let the occasional wasp out while bounding down the road at 80 MPH...sure don't want to be rudely reminded why they call them "Suicide Doors!"
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Nice coupe Mike. How is the 56J "Super Hawk" project coming along?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
        Nice coupe Mike. How is the 56J "Super Hawk" project coming along?

You know how things go Joe. I put a couple of Packards and an Auburn ahead of her this winter. Two of them will be done this spring....and down the road they will go. I am keeping the Super Hawk..... that is my excuse for lolly gaggin !! Truthfully, she has been over my friend's having a Vintage Air, heat/air/defrost installed.....car wired ....and the harness built for the LS1. Should get her back in a few weeks. I will start reassembling the car to prime/sand/paint. If the 2014 Studebaker Nationals are close to Ohio.....promise to bring her for you to take a spin and give me your opinion. You have to sign a waiver though.....not blaming me for your next Studebaker the way I do !!!!!

Comment

To: mike super,------Lucky You!! That coupe is 'Perfect'!

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
            To: mike super,------Lucky You!! That coupe is 'Perfect'!

Appreciate your kind words. Was the exact reason I ponied up !!

Comment

Ahhh, I was expecting a REAL Coupe, as in '53-'54 Starlight!
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                Ahhh, I was expecting a REAL Coupe, as in '53-'54 Starlight!
                Is expecting and assuming the same ?? So very sorry to dissapoint !!

Comment

No apologies needed...just 'cause you are not as narrowly focused as some of us...is a good thing! It's the folks who appreciate "old iron," regardless of the manufacturer, that make some of the best ambassadors for our hobby.
                  John Clary
                  Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Very nice three window..and should be Very entertaining..

Congrats !

Comment

Originally posted by mike super View Post
                      You know how things go Joe. I put a couple of Packards and an Auburn ahead of her this winter. Two of them will be done this spring....and down the road they will go. I am keeping the Super Hawk..... that is my excuse for lolly gaggin !! Truthfully, she has been over my friend's having a Vintage Air, heat/air/defrost installed.....car wired ....and the harness built for the LS1. Should get her back in a few weeks. I will start reassembling the car to prime/sand/paint. If the 2014 Studebaker Nationals are close to Ohio.....promise to bring her for you to take a spin and give me your opinion. You have to sign a waiver though.....not blaming me for your next Studebaker the way I do !!!!!
                      2014 SDC International Convention, June 28-July 5, Dover, Delaware.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                      X