64 Studebaker (New Home)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 Studebaker (New Home)

Bought this 64 Stude this week. Here are the door and engine numbers. All original except for the paint. Being told it is a "very few made" model. Discussions welcome on what I have here.
    Attached Files
    Start and Stage Your Studebakers

Well, it's not an Avanti or a truck, it has a 289 built on Oct. 21, 1963 and a dana 44 R/A.
    Last edited by irish; 01-19-2013, 09:20 AM.
    sigpic

1962 Daytona
    1964 Cruiser
    And a few others

Comment

I will bite. It is a 289 engine. Fairly early in production, based on serial no. Probably built in Sept. of 1963. Bsed on the five leaf springs, I am thinking wagonaire. I see a hole in a bracket down by the leaf spring as well, so could have had a torision bar. Let's see the firewall plate and that will definetly narrow it down. Also, a pix ofthe car.

Mark

Comment

First stop should be the quarterworks with a half dozen cans of Gunk degreaser....
        Then go home and show the wife....
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Well, it is the only one made with that Serial Number! Pics? Description? BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Umm ... 49th one made and a 35 amp alternator. That's all I got.

Comment

A greasy V8 '64 Studebaker?
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

That rear end is not a '64 or the same car, with the '64 Serial because it has '62 and earlier Rear Shocks and lower spring brackets. A little mod. to get the Traction Bars Stabilizer Bar Ears? I smell a Performance Model.

Update: Edited out the Traction Bar comment.
                Last edited by StudeRich; 01-20-2013, 12:35 PM.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Single exhaust system. Not original?

Comment

That's the 9050th '64 V8 Studebaker, as serial nos. started at 64V-1001.

I'm going from memory (a dangerous thing!), but I know a fellow who had 64V-14402 and I was thinking it was built in late October, and delivered in Nov. '63. It sort-of seems to be that a 10/21/63 engine build date is too late for that serial number of car, unless Studebaker was decades-ahead-of-the-game in 'just in time' production methods!

Course, I could be all wrong on this!
                    Bill Pressler
                    Kent, OH
                    (formerly Greenville, PA)
                    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                    All are in Australia now

Comment

Just in front of the Alt. pic I see what looks to be the the word ADD, what part has those letters?

Comment

Originally posted by JEWELL View Post
                        Just in front of the Alt. pic I see what looks to be the the word ADD, what part has those letters?
                        How about a radiator overflow bottle? ADD at this line...

Comment

My Daytona is 64V-15001 and it was built 10/30/63.
                          Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Maybe this is the car.

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...850-(Baltimore)
                            Bob Langer
                            Glenshaw,PA

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Langer View Post
                              I think you are right and it has an add on overflow bottle. Car is not on Craig's List anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X