Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 57 Goldens Tonight on Barrett - Any guesses on what they will bring??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 57 Goldens Tonight on Barrett - Any guesses on what they will bring??

Click image for larger version

Name:	988.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	1737890 number 988
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1047.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	1737891number 1047
    sigpic

Packardbakerly,
    J.D.

#988 = $85k
    #1047 = $102k

Comment

I dunno,

Based on what I've been seeing all day, I'm thinking that if they're lucky they'll get something between $35 and $50K.

Sure hope I'm wrong.
      Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
      Kenmore, Washington
      hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
      '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
      '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
      '69 Pontiac Firebird
      (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

$79,200.00 for #988
        1047 is manuel tranny - weren't there a limited number produced?
        Really close estimate - Jim
        Last edited by RareBird; 01-18-2013, 04:14 PM.
        sigpic

Packardbakerly,
        J.D.

Comment

37 Dictator coupe got to mid 30's today at Silver... no sale... very nice car.

Comment

988= $72,000 +10%
            sold!
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]20387[/ATTACH]
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by hausdok View Post
              I dunno,

Based on what I've been seeing all day, I'm thinking that if they're lucky they'll get something between $35 and $50K.

Sure hope I'm wrong.
              Mike, you need to sit with your wife and watch the auction. Maybe this will help her understand American men and our cars
              sigpic

Packardbakerly,
              J.D.

Comment

1047 only went for 60k (only) I thought for sure it would have been higher
                sigpic

Packardbakerly,
                J.D.

Comment

I believe both these Hawks were stick o/d models......Rarity aside, I wonder how much the trans type would effect their financial value? (either up OR down)

Comment

Of note, neither of these 57 Golden Hawks were as nice as the $149,000 and the $99,000 Hawks that sold previously at B-J. The black car here was definitely the better condition of the two but neither as nice as the previous cars. Even so, the condition 2-3 gold Hawk garnered $66K and the nicer black Hawk was $79K. A perfect 57 Golden Hawk would have crossed $100K again IMO. These cars have clearly established themselves as the most valuable postwar Studebaker.

Comment

Originally posted by studefan View Post
                      Of note, neither of these 57 Golden Hawks were as nice as the $149,000 and the $99,000 Hawks that sold previously at B-J. The black car here was definitely the better condition of the two but neither as nice as the previous cars. Even so, the condition 2-3 gold Hawk garnered $66K and the nicer black Hawk was $79K. A perfect 57 Golden Hawk would have crossed $100K again IMO. These cars have clearly established themselves as the most valuable postwar Studebaker.
                      You're probably right about that! (Although the factory R3-R4 cars, and the few Paxton conversions would need to be considered)

Comment

Regrettably, I missed this. We can watch the Barret-Jackson auction live on the internet here in Switzerland, but time difference makes it a bit difficult

Quite a lot of money what they brought, did not know that condition 2-3 could bring $66,000.
                        sigpic

Comment

Why was the gold car a condition 2-3? Improper restoration? I would see it at a show and probably think its a 1 or 2, becouse I don't know enough. Unless I saw something wrong or nonstock I would not know what to base my decision on. Help me out. Thanks in advance!
                          My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
                          sigpic
                          Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
                          in the Geographic center of Tennessee

Comment

I have a question. How many individuals that have viewed this thread, as well as those responding in this thread, would pay the kind of money "they say" these two Studebakers brought, or were bid up to ?? I do not know about anyone else but my deal is buying low and selling high. Have had a bit of success doing so with Studebakers.... but no way near the money they are willing to pay for the refitted Auburns and Packards I own.

Comment

Here is the link to the Studebakers listed. The Hawks are near the bottom. Don't get me wrong. I would love to own either of these cars. But, look at the pictures of the gold car. Wrong interior, wrong engine parts and colors, and not show detailed. The black car is much closer to factory condition.

Comment

Working...
                              X