Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New thread on the 55 President after some cleaning and buffing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New thread on the 55 President after some cleaning and buffing.

After a few days of tinkering with the 55 president this is what the outside looks like, this is rust free and as good as they come after 57 years.

Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

'Looks really nice, Bob. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Looks great!...Gas it up...I should be there by Sunday (noonish). Is it ready for the return trip?
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

The car looks great, especially the grille.
        Perry
        \'50 Business Champion
        \'50 Starlight Champion
        \'60 Lark Convertible,
        \'63 GT R1,
        \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Ship it to Brian Greenall, his museum (smile) must need one of those LOL.
          John Clements
          Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Wow Bob! Sharp car & a great find. Is it my imagination or does that deck lid look the same as the 64 Hawk? (except for the trunk lock)
            59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
            60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
            61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
            62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
            62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
            62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
            63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
            63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
            64 Zip Van
            66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
            66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
              Wow Bob! Sharp car & a great find. Is it my imagination or does that deck lid look the same as the 64 Hawk? (except for the trunk lock)

The smooth curve of the '53-55 deck lid is quite different from the smoothly squared off '64 deck lid. If you saw them side-by-side, you'd easily see the difference.

jack vines
              PackardV8

Comment

Now here's a switch. I may have some parts that BOB needs for that one Nice find, Big guy. Drive it to the PSMCDR's next year.
                Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
                  Now here's a switch. I may have some parts that BOB needs for that one Nice find, Big guy. Drive it to the PSMCDR's next year.
                  Dave, this car really only needs engine work and by putting the items removed back on should have it up and running but on the other hand I have a good running 61 289 that I could put in just as easy and then know it will run good, but by the time of the PSMCR this year my plans are to have it sold from the response I have gotten here on the forum chances are the car will end up in either New Zealand or Australia a few have asked about it and waiting back for their feed back if not there it will go on e-bay, with a running engine the price will go up and make it a higher dollar car $5500 now the way it sits.
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

I think it's real nice the way it is, slightly naughty!
                    But I wonder what brand the wheels are, does it say anything on them? If so, what inner-diameter would the fitting hubcaps be?
                    I fancy the ofset bigtime & it would be cool to know if there's such wheels (preferably 15 inch) that the small pretty Studebaker hubcaps would fit.

Comment

I'd drive it and be happy

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Any pics of the interior. It's rare to see a car this age so rust free. Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Nox View Post
                          I think it's real nice the way it is, slightly naughty!
                          But I wonder what brand the wheels are, does it say anything on them? If so, what inner-diameter would the fitting hubcaps be?
                          I fancy the ofset bigtime & it would be cool to know if there's such wheels (preferably 15 inch) that the small pretty Studebaker hubcaps would fit.
                          The wheels look like Ford Crown Vic wheels. They are the early style, early as in, 70s and 80s Crown Vics. The newer ones have the Cop Car type rims with the "holes" all around the perimeter. They are either 6 inch or 7 inches wide. Depends on the car you get them from. Ive got them on my Coupe. They are great.
                          sals54

Comment

Spent some time in the trunk today , cleaning off old black paint that was put over the original color, most came off ok leaving these pictures , dark spots are surface rust only, also put on a couple of good lenses, one picture of some bubbling starting at lower driver side at trunk edge.

Candbstudebakers
                            Castro Valley,
                            California

Comment

Working...
                            X