Anyone taken a closer look at this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone taken a closer look at this?

I've seen this car advertised and wondered what the catch was, besides no rear bumper or trunk handle? Has anyone actually gone to look at it?
    It looks nice and straight.

Just tormentin' myself.

Leo

This car looks really, really familiar. I'm sure it's been discussed here before - just can't pinpoint where!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I think for at least two (or more) years this car has been popping up on eBay, craigslist, and other venues. Some with more pictures than others. The most detailed pictures have shown rust, cracked paint and other issues. Prices have been all over the place as well. There is a reason it has not sold and keeps reappearing, I have been puzzled by it. I wouldn't touch it at any price without being able to eyeball it and make any transaction for it in person.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Dick Quinn has weighed in on this car...and not all that favorably, IIRC. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I figured it was still there for a reason, especially since there weren't any interior shots. I guess the color catches my fancy and it looks straight. Kinda purty.

Comment

what i recall from threads here, it was a bondo & rust bucket! i think some of the guys from Washington State have seen it and may be able to confirm my memory.
            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Working...
            X