1958 Studebaker Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 Studebaker Wagon

The wagon will be crossing the auction block tonight on the Barrett-Jackson on the speed channel. Lot number 114!

Well regardless of what the car brings its nice to finally getting some recognition on the most popular auction on TV. Yes they are talking up the Studebaker!! It will be interesting to see what it brings.

Comment

$29,000.00 sold!

Comment

Holy crap! What is my '57 Packard wagon worth then?
        Chip
        '63 Cruiser
        '57 Packard wagon
        '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
        '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

It received some interesting comments. They were discussing how the fenders extended back about a foot further than the rear door. Very nice car.
          Last edited by Bob Bryant; 01-15-2013, 08:28 PM. Reason: spelling
          "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Good goin', Randy!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up, Randy. I got to the TV set just in time; they were auctioning off Lot #110 as I sat down, and #114 was coming right up.

Those guys sure didn't know much about Studebakers, though, did they? President? Presidential? Provincial? What IS this thing? The optional Silver Hawk 289 engine? WTF?

Sure was a pretty car; 'had to be the nicest 1958 wagon on the planet.

Well, everyone on the forum can take their 1958 Commander wagon titles to the bank today and use them as collateral for a $29,000 loan, since it's now been established what they're "worth." BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

How many 58 wagons were built? One was just listed on Dallas Tx Craig's List.

Comment

Originally posted by JEWELL View Post
                  How many 58 wagons were built? One was just listed on Dallas Tx Craig's List.
                  The subject wagon at Barrett-Jackson was one of 2,412 1958 Commander Provincials (58B-P4) built.

Other 1958 wagon production numbers:

58G-D1 Scotsman 2-doors: 7,680

58G-P4 Champion DeLuxe: 12

58H-P4 President: 1 (yep; ONE!)

BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                    58G-P4 Champion DeLuxe: 12
                    And those 12 Champions were export models, correct?

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                      And those 12 Champions were export models, correct? Craig
                      Yes; to the best of my knowledge, they would have been, Craig. BP

Comment

I just took at look at pictures of this car on the Barrett-Jackson web site. The under hood picture shows (are you ready for this Mr. Palma) I do not see a battery hold down!

Comment

Yikes! Anyone wanna own a nice, solid project one of these? Lotsa NOS parts and body work all done. $5K takes it!
                          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

link for those who didnt see it:
                            1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by JEWELL View Post
                              I just took at look at pictures of this car on the Barrett-Jackson web site. The under hood picture shows (are you ready for this Mr. Palma) I do not see a battery hold down!
                              And if I was to shell out 30K for a car I would at least want the radiator top tank to not look the motor had not sat on it at some point...
                              Last edited by 62champ; 01-16-2013, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X