Breathe stupid...BREATHE!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breathe stupid...BREATHE!!!!

Okay, where did everybody go?[|)][xx(][xx(][^] A whole day without being able to talk Studebaker[xx(][xx(]. Can't go on like this.......[V][V]

Where'd the forums go?[}]

Mark Anderson
    1965 Cruiser

Home of the Cruiser Registry

From what I heard.....only rumor....is that the
    server had a huge rust and oil leak problem....[}]

Sue Ellen 1964 Daytona
    glen Brose
    Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

From what I heard.....only rumor....is that the
      server had a huge rust and oil leak problem....[}]

Sue Ellen 1964 Daytona
      glen Brose
      Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

In lay terms, the forum MAY be getting too big for its britches.

Something is triggering it to choke. it MAY be related to the size and activity on the forum. Don't be surprised if it occurs again until we can find the exact cause and fix it. This only affects the forum. The rest of the SDC website is functioning as it should. Thanks for you patience as we work through this latest test of our sanity.

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
        Woodbury, Minnesota
        sigpic
        Bob Shaw
        Rush City, Minnesota
        1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
        "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

In lay terms, the forum MAY be getting too big for its britches.

Something is triggering it to choke. it MAY be related to the size and activity on the forum. Don't be surprised if it occurs again until we can find the exact cause and fix it. This only affects the forum. The rest of the SDC website is functioning as it should. Thanks for you patience as we work through this latest test of our sanity.

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
          Woodbury, Minnesota
          sigpic
          Bob Shaw
          Rush City, Minnesota
          1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
          "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Nice pic of Stude Bob 'gittin down' lol

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

Nice pic of Stude Bob 'gittin down' lol

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

I'm glad to know for sure it wasn't just my computer. I also tried to go to the Tech Tips once last night and it would not load either. On a positive note. I probably got more work done on some projects than I often do when the forum is rolling along.

1952 Champion Starlight since October,1971. 1962 Daytona
                since May, 2007.Searcy,Arkansas
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

I'm glad to know for sure it wasn't just my computer. I also tried to go to the Tech Tips once last night and it would not load either. On a positive note. I probably got more work done on some projects than I often do when the forum is rolling along.

1952 Champion Starlight since October,1971. 1962 Daytona
                  since May, 2007.Searcy,Arkansas
                  "In the heart of Arkansas."
                  Searcy, Arkansas
                  1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                  1952 2R pickup

Comment

You know the jitters have set in when other Forum members are e-mailing you for confirmation that the site is down and it is not just their computer. The glitch did allow me to see Woodstock in its entirety over the past 2 days. Somehow it seemed much better 30 years ago.

Comment

You know the jitters have set in when other Forum members are e-mailing you for confirmation that the site is down and it is not just their computer. The glitch did allow me to see Woodstock in its entirety over the past 2 days. Somehow it seemed much better 30 years ago.

Comment

By the end of the day, it WASN'T pretty[xx(] A pathetic, putrified, pitiful puddle lay motionless on the floor in front of the desk. Every once in awhile, like a scene from a horror movie, a shape resembling a bony, trembling,
                        arthritic hand would grope upwards from this pond of gagworthy goo,until - with the unsure quest of one
                        unsteady and desperate digit - the Enter key was depressed in what would prove to be one more
                        futile gesture. With the refreshment of the error message, the exasperated hand would flex it's fingers in a display of pain. It would then collapse back into the fetid mire from which it had previously arisen and disappear.
                        It was an ugly ritual to be witness to. The desperation, the disappointment, the disgusting sound that the liquid limb made as it's fell back into the mire from which it has sought to free itself. Those unfortunate enough to see the specter were wondering if this would be the end. Would technology (or the failure thereof) reign supreme as with HAL in 2001 a Space Odessy, or would humankind triumph one more time?
                        As the end of the day approached, a kind soul came forth and shut down the electronic alter. Then, as if making an offering to the great god DOS, the merciful person tossed a handful of sedatives into the rippling, shivvering
                        puddle on the carpet. In what must've been an effort to sterilize things, they also poured on some spirits. Whatever the chemistry, the puddle finally lay still and the hopeless hand reached skyward no more.

With the dawning of a new day, someone kindly returned to the alter and poured a black potion onto the still and rancid puddle. Then they dared to reawaken the electronic alter - the spawn of Hal, if you will. While the alter came to life, the black elixer co-mingled with the residue from the day before and an inner fizzing started to show signs of life amidst the muck.
                        It took awhile, but eventually, fingertip by fingertip, the gaunt
                        hand worked it's way towards the desk as it had so many times the day before. The whole emergence, the fingers, the palm, the wrist and the arm they rose on - all were what you'd expect to see waving unsteadily thru the barbed wire fencing when the allies liberated Aushwitcz - feeble, but filled with hope.
                        This time the hand reached for the wireless module to the right of the keyboard. With an unsteady but nonetheless unmistakable mission,
                        it sought to make the alter respond to it's weakened touch. The alter obediently connected to the rest of the globe, and with one tap of the forefinger, it offered up the medicine the hand had sought the whole day before. The hand immeadiately spasmed as tho on an adrenilin rush. The SDC forums were back up!

With a sound akin to that heard when you suck up mercury with a shop vac, the feeble hand grabbed at the edge of the desk and proceeded to draw the rest of the puddle up from the carpet. Once the transformation was complete, the hand, as well as the rest of the body it belonged to, was no longer a frail skeleton. After all, it had been quite a SIZEABLE puddle just moments before! [)]

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

By the end of the day, it WASN'T pretty[xx(] A pathetic, putrified, pitiful puddle lay motionless on the floor in front of the desk. Every once in awhile, like a scene from a horror movie, a shape resembling a bony, trembling,
                          arthritic hand would grope upwards from this pond of gagworthy goo,until - with the unsure quest of one
                          unsteady and desperate digit - the Enter key was depressed in what would prove to be one more
                          futile gesture. With the refreshment of the error message, the exasperated hand would flex it's fingers in a display of pain. It would then collapse back into the fetid mire from which it had previously arisen and disappear.
                          It was an ugly ritual to be witness to. The desperation, the disappointment, the disgusting sound that the liquid limb made as it's fell back into the mire from which it has sought to free itself. Those unfortunate enough to see the specter were wondering if this would be the end. Would technology (or the failure thereof) reign supreme as with HAL in 2001 a Space Odessy, or would humankind triumph one more time?
                          As the end of the day approached, a kind soul came forth and shut down the electronic alter. Then, as if making an offering to the great god DOS, the merciful person tossed a handful of sedatives into the rippling, shivvering
                          puddle on the carpet. In what must've been an effort to sterilize things, they also poured on some spirits. Whatever the chemistry, the puddle finally lay still and the hopeless hand reached skyward no more.

With the dawning of a new day, someone kindly returned to the alter and poured a black potion onto the still and rancid puddle. Then they dared to reawaken the electronic alter - the spawn of Hal, if you will. While the alter came to life, the black elixer co-mingled with the residue from the day before and an inner fizzing started to show signs of life amidst the muck.
                          It took awhile, but eventually, fingertip by fingertip, the gaunt
                          hand worked it's way towards the desk as it had so many times the day before. The whole emergence, the fingers, the palm, the wrist and the arm they rose on - all were what you'd expect to see waving unsteadily thru the barbed wire fencing when the allies liberated Aushwitcz - feeble, but filled with hope.
                          This time the hand reached for the wireless module to the right of the keyboard. With an unsteady but nonetheless unmistakable mission,
                          it sought to make the alter respond to it's weakened touch. The alter obediently connected to the rest of the globe, and with one tap of the forefinger, it offered up the medicine the hand had sought the whole day before. The hand immeadiately spasmed as tho on an adrenilin rush. The SDC forums were back up!

With a sound akin to that heard when you suck up mercury with a shop vac, the feeble hand grabbed at the edge of the desk and proceeded to draw the rest of the puddle up from the carpet. Once the transformation was complete, the hand, as well as the rest of the body it belonged to, was no longer a frail skeleton. After all, it had been quite a SIZEABLE puddle just moments before! [)]

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

After reading all that Biggs I feel a lot better in that I did not personally suffer quite that much the last 24 hours or so.
                            Frank van Doorn
                            Omaha, Ne.
                            1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                            1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                            1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

After reading all that Biggs I feel a lot better in that I did not personally suffer quite that much the last 24 hours or so.
                              Frank van Doorn
                              Omaha, Ne.
                              1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                              1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                              1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Working...
                              X