Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kooool Topless Hawk...or did we do this one already??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kooool Topless Hawk...or did we do this one already??

I just found this one on CL. Has it been done before?
    Attached Files
    sals54

I seem to recall a GT Hawk convertible being in a recent issue of Street Machine Magazine here in Australia - nicely done by a custom car builder with an excellent reputation, when I mentioned it to some club members they said it was done years ago.

Love this one Sal, a nice addition to your collection perhaps.

Can picture you cruising the highway to Steppenwolf's Born to Run LOL.
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Interesting car.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Just cause they could

Another one bites the dust. OMG
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
          I seem to recall a GT Hawk convertible being in a recent issue of Street Machine Magazine here in Australia - nicely done by a custom car builder with an excellent reputation, when I mentioned it to some club members they said it was done years ago.
          John: Is this the Aussie 1963 Hawk convertible to which you are referring?

Those photos were sent to me ten years ago by NSW Australian SDCer Igor Spajic, who owned it at the time. I don't know who owns it now. It looked like a nicely-done car. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

sals54, that would make a good stablemate for your coupe, same theme and all. I'm diggin' it. Junior.
            sigpic
            1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              John: Is this the Aussie 1963 Hawk convertible to which you are referring?

Those photos were sent to me ten years ago by NSW Australian SDCer Igor Spajic, who owned it at the time. I don't know who owns it now. It looked like a nicely-done car. BP
              very gt-esque roof on this...suits the car very well.
              sigpic
              1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

One way to eliminate rust in the roof and pillars. "but honey, the headliner was torn so I had to do something!"
                Dave Hugo
                Wellford, SC
                1940 Champion
                1950 Champion Coupe
                1955 President Coupe
                1963 Lark Custom 2 Door V8

Comment

There used to be a topless GT in the Fresno area. I never inspected it closely, but I do remember that something about the way it had been done required about half a roll of Tums to get over.

And I hafta agree on that Aussie GT - that thing's NICE. I also like the finned topic of this thread.
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

They both look like nice jobs, one a custom and one that Studebaker should have done, I had one once that had sat in storage for years and the top was in bad shape it was a lift off top, metal frame and canvas. the engine was stuck when I got it and the back seat was remover and gone . they reinforced the area behind the rear seat to make the car more rigid, at one time it had a built up plastic rear cover like the one used on the 63 "T" Bird to make it a 2 seated but that was also missing when I got the car. The car sat in my storage yard for years always thinking I would get to it someday but never did. When I had to close down the yard the car got stripped down for the parts, the frame is now under someones car back east , the hood is in New Zealand, the trunk was a 53 and damaged to bad to repair or keep, all four fenders were saved and are on other cars now, the transmission was a power shift and also sold to another Studebaker person, the engine was pulled and taken a part to see why it was stuck. and this is what I found, take a look, never seen this happen before in a stock engine.

when we were gutting it out we found the in the past some one had fiber glassed the floor and moisture had gotten under the glass and we just pulled it off in large sheets rusted metal and all, floor was total gone. If I can find a picture of the car later I will post it.
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

A couple more views of this one. I like it.
                      Attached Files
                      sals54

Comment

I like everything but the Caddy taillight lenses. Somehow they're not in character with the rest of it.
                        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I'm likin' that Sal, where did you find it?
                          Pat Dilling
                          Olivehurst, CA
                          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

L.A. Craigslist:
                            sals54

Comment

The way the windshield top is done and those god awful 59 Caddy tail lights make look a little "Bat Man -ish" ZONK, BIFF, POW!!!
                              sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                              X