Trim clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Trim clips

Looking for source for molding clips that attach stainless 2 tone break trim on 61 Hawk fins. Don't have one to go by but part number is 1338902. SI does not carry them. Thanks David

Hey, I need some of those also! Can anyone tell me the diameter of the holes in the fin that these clps push through?
    Steve
    Buckeye, Arizona

1960 Hawk R2 4 speed project

Comment

Steve Keep in mind mine the ones I measured have fresh paint but they measure out at about 3 /16 in. David

Comment

David: Probably the hobby's largest purveyor of trim, screws and clips is Restoration Specialties & Supply of Windber PA.

Phone: (814)467-9842

Good luck. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

You need to know if you are looking for the tiny clips for the UPPER Moulding or the larger ones for the larger Lower Fin Moulding.

Both are Paintline Mouldings.
          Last edited by StudeRich; 01-08-2013, 06:38 PM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Looking for the upper. Looked in Resto, Specialties catalog but don't have a original one to compare it to. Thanks

Comment

Suggestion #1: If you only looked in S-I's Catalog, you really need to contact them direct! Best guess would be S-I only lists 20% of ALL the different part numbers they have in stock in their catalogs!!!

Suggestion #2: Contact the SNM Archives and order a copy of "Clip" drawing 1338902. You'll then know what that "Clip" actually looks like on the drawing ...will likely have the Studebaker vendor name & their part number listed on it ...and if you get really lucky, it may turn out to be the "same as" a different but available Studebaker part number "Clip" having just have a slightly longer stud, etc.

Good Luck!!!

Comment

not sure what part 1338902 looks like, but if it is a narrow clip, you might give Classic Enterprises 715 537 5422 a call. They have a narrow clip for the 57 GH used on the rear fins. Ken, Deltaville Va

Comment

This is a picture of 1338902
                  I have a few (8) in stock.
                  I have over 22.000 different parts for Studebaker.
                  Robert Kapteyn
                  815 722 7262
                  Remember I am old and slow!!

Comment

This clip has the number P504 stamped on it.
                    This may help.
                    Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Robert Sent you a PM. David

Comment

David
                        I send you 16 clips by first class mail.

Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Thanks Robert. Forum comes thru again. David

Comment

Working...
                          X