PDA

View Full Version : Photobucket: Why can't they leave well enough alone???

candbstudebakers
01-06-2013, 11:47 PM
What happened with photo-bucket? the last couple of times I tried to up load pictures it takes a lot of doing since they must have made some changes but not for the better, was going to up load some of a 53 I will be selling and it closed down my computer, is there something better for posting on the forum? if so what is it and how do I do it? not the best at doing things on it. Well after posting this I went back in and found that I could switch back to the old system and it worked out just like before.

StudeRich
01-07-2013, 01:26 AM
Just save the Pics on your computer and use the "other option" called "From Computer" instead of the "From URL" option. If you were loading them here, it did not happen.

DEEPNHOCK
01-07-2013, 08:27 AM
Well, at least you didn't have Webshots (Smile):mad:....(14,000 pic's....plonk!)

I, too, tried the 'new' Photobucket, and went back to use the 'old' Photobucket.
They require you to say why when you go to switch back.
That's where you tell them what you really think:!:;)......

What happened with photo-bucket? <snip>
Well after posting this I went back in and found that I could switch back to the old system and it worked out just like before.

candbstudebakers
01-07-2013, 12:06 PM
Just save the Pics on your computer and use the "other option" called "From Computer" instead of the "From URL" option. If you were loading them here, it did not happen.

thanks Rick I will look into it, every thing is working right now since I checked go back to old system.

Aussie Hawk
01-07-2013, 09:08 PM
I hear ya Bob. My sign in stopped working and after numerous failed attempts to get it sorted, looks like I've lost a lot of pics.

BobPalma
01-07-2013, 09:10 PM
Your original title for this thread says it all, Bob. :o BP

rockne10
01-07-2013, 09:17 PM
I chose to switch back a couple months ago. Last week it opened again in the new format. It still gives the option to switch back but I suspect they've invested so much in their new system the time will come when there is no choice. Then, they will change it again. I'm learning their new system. At least it's still free.

Jackson
01-12-2013, 11:24 AM
I am trying to update my profile & signature but having a terrible time with Photobucket, I believe I am using the "old" Photobucket. Very frustrating but I will eventually get it done!!!

Update: I found it easier to edit the photos on my computer and then load them on to Photobucket.

sweetolbob
01-12-2013, 12:16 PM
I am trying to update my profile & signature but having a terrible time with Photobucket, I believe I am using the "old" Photobucket. Very frustrating but I will eventually get it done!!!

Keep plugging away, you'll get it. I've been using the new PB for about six weeks now and it took a bit of learning but I like several of the features better than the old one.

As above, It's still free which is all good. If this 70 year old can make it function, it can't be all that complicated.

One thought though, If you continue to have issues, try a different browser. I use IE, Firefox, Opera and Google Chrome. Each one seems to have issues with different websites, so I try 'em all and use the one that works best.

Bob

DEEPNHOCK
03-10-2013, 09:34 AM
At least the Photobucket people listen to their customers.

I never liked their Beta version, and switched back to the older version.
But it is still a little quirky and is missing some edit/sort features that made Webshots such a nice photo service.
But...Webshots is D.E.A.D..... Smile isn't worth a hoot (but they did give me a pro-rated refund of my subscription).

I have been sending regular requests to Photobucket to update their sort and edit feature so albums can be created/maintained/updated.
They sent me a note yesterday saying they have been listening, and are going to include these features in upcoming updates.
That is better than a sharp stick in the eye...

http://photobucket.zendesk.com/entries/22494178-current-list-of-missing-features

BubbaBear
03-11-2013, 10:26 PM
I don't care for the new Photobucket either. On one computer I was able to revert to the old system. Another computer will not go back. There was a message that the change was mandatory near the end of this month but I haven't seen that message lately. Maybe thy changed their mind. At least for now.