A bad case of DUSTY Q-TIPS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bad case of DUSTY Q-TIPS!

I think I may have ascertained WHY people mumble so much.

We have 2 bathrooms (no waiting!) in our palatial (1900 sq.ft.) pad. Problem with “MINE “is there is only one towel rack and the room is made so that there is virtually no space for another one. So I drape my towel over 2 open doors of a wall-to-ceiling cabinet, which houses most of the junk everyone needs in a bathroom.

The other day, for the 1st time in my life, I noticed that the lid on the Q-Tips had been closed. I knew I didn’t do it. After a shower, I would just reach in and grab whatever “Q” came to hand and swab my ears out, leaving the box open. This time when I looked, the lid was closed.

I know that neither of the cats did it, although Max is the more inquisitive of the 2 and might have done it, if he were 5’ tall. After this ‘Closed Lid Syndrome” occurred a few more time, I finally said to my lovely wife, “Have you notice that the lid on the Q-tips is closed?”

“Yep, I close it. You know there is dust in the house and if you leave it open, dust accumulates on ‘em and I don’t want to get dust in my ears when I use the Q-Tips, so I close it.”

“Huh? Dust in your ears?”

“Yes.”

“I thought we used Q-Tips to get water OUT of our ears. How can dust get in if we are taking out the water? Lessee…water plus dust equals MUD! I have noticed VERY little mud in my ears recently. In fact, except for my years in Hamilton (pop 2700) I have NEVER had mud in my ears.”

“Just close the lid John. I don’t want dust in MY ears.”

I usually do as ordered, so for the next few Q-Tip extractions, I dutifully closed the lid. Then one day I didn’t. The next day I noticed 2 things, 1) the lid on the Q-tips was closed and 2) my lovely wife had HER OWN box of Q-tips—lid, firmly closed.

So, now, in our house, I guess I am (and possibly the cats are) the only mammals with dusty (or worse—MUDDY) ears. So next time we meet, guys, don’t inspect my ears too closely. I MAY have a 77-year old accumulation of some kinda CRUD in ‘em.

And please don’t mumble when you talk to me.

John
    Last edited by Johnnywiffer; 01-07-2013, 04:16 AM.

No wax,but dust and cat hair???

Comment

Don't let her see the roll of toilet paper sitting there collecting the dust that would normally be absorbed by the "Q" Tips!!!!

Comment

That's funny stuff John. Especially to me. I use Q-tips religiously every night after showering.

I have always said there are some things you just don't by a generic of. a couple of them would be Q-tips and Vise Grips.

HaHA.

Dean.

Comment

Working...
        X