Sun visor sought for Transtar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun visor sought for Transtar

Does anyone know of a location for a windshield visor that would fit a 57 Transtar? I've seen trucks with them but all I've been able to come across are ones that would fit 49-52 trucks. Should I be looking for visors made for a Chevy or GMC and adapt it to fit the Studebaker?

Thanks

Check Big Jim's.

Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion but I've tried them with no luck.

Comment

Are you looking for inside visors, the kind you move around on a swivel, or external visors, like the ones used on prewar cars and low riders?

Either way, the 49-56 trucks have the same bodies as your 57 Transtar, so they should fit.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

The external kind that is typically metal and stretches from A post to A post. Thank you for the post... I didnt think they where the same cab width?

Comment

However...many (but not all) are supported by a clamp to the center winshield divider. 57transtar guy would need one that is designed for a one-piece windshield with no center support.

While we currently see them on many collector cars, at least one member here says they are horrible at modern highway speeds.
            KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by 57transtar guy View Post
              The external kind that is typically metal and stretches from A post to A post. Thank you for the post... I didnt think they where the same cab width?
              Yes, cab dimensions stayed the same. Just switched from a two-piece flat windshield to a one-piece curved in '54.
              KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
                at least one member here says they are horrible at modern highway speeds.
                The visor on my '51 Starlight is one piece. It vibrates a bit when I pass the tractor trailers but otherwise is pretty stable. The two piece visors can be installed over the one piece windshields with a brace that runs from the roof to the center of the cowl replacing the center windshield divider.
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Might not be a bad idea to post this on the truck page as well

Take care

George o

Comment

Who would own a '57 Transtar??? ME!!!

Comment

Great info!

I didnt think much about the ride quality?

Comment

some day I would love to see what one looks like on a lowered 60 Lark wagon.
                        1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Working...
                        X