Studebaker Station Wagon spotted in framed picture at Whataburger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Station Wagon spotted in framed picture at Whataburger

I was in a Whataburger here in OKC earlier this week and while waiting on my order walked around to check out the old black and white prints of Whataburger Restaurants through the years hanging around the store and noticed this Studebaker Station Wagon parked next to a Plymouth. I can't tell the year and model as all the google images online had different style script on the rear lift gate. Can anyone identify the year and model of this Studebaker Wagon. Sorry for the quality of the photos, they were taken by my cell phone and I had to hold it at an angle to keep lights from glaring on the glass covering the prints.

sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

That's a '57 Chevy Two-Ten Station Wagon.
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Comment

1957 Chevrolet
      Jamie McLeod
      Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
      1958 Commander "Christine"
      1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
      1955 Commander Sedan
      1964 Champ
      1960 Lark

Comment

You guys are right, it looked like the script said Studebaker but even when I looked at it close up I thought it was Studebaker. It really looks similar to the Studebaker / Packard Wagons with similar styled lights and fins.
        sigpic
        John
        63R-2386

Comment

Originally posted by okc63avanti View Post
          You guys are right, it looked like the script said Studebaker but even when I looked at it close up I thought it was Studebaker. It really looks similar to the Studebaker / Packard Wagons with similar styled lights and fins.
          Well...at least we know that you aren't a Chevy fan!

Comment

The Dairy Queen in Baxley Ga. has a print by Pamala Renfro on the wall. It features a 53 coupe and a M series truck.
            Neil Thornton

Comment

Looks like Florida license plates...Was/Is there a Whataburger is St. Pete?
              Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Originally posted by Commander55 View Post
                Well...at least we know that you aren't a Chevy fan!
                You got that right ...
                sigpic
                John
                63R-2386

Comment

If you eat at Whataburger,.....
                  Then you might just be a redneck !
                  Like Me! I used to love Whataburger when I lived in Texas. We don't have them here in Ca. I remember the old school ones that were all "A" frame building drive ups.
                  Here we have to settle for In-N-out. Know why IN-n-Out burgers taste different than any other???
                  Its not because they are missing a Studebaker photo on the wall.

Dean.

Originally posted by okc63avanti View Post
                  I was in a Whataburger here in OKC earlier this week and while waiting on my order walked around to check out the old black and white prints of Whataburger Restaurants through the years hanging around the store and noticed this Studebaker Station Wagon parked next to a Plymouth. I can't tell the year and model as all the google images online had different style script on the rear lift gate. Can anyone identify the year and model of this Studebaker Wagon. Sorry for the quality of the photos, they were taken by my cell phone and I had to hold it at an angle to keep lights from glaring on the glass covering the prints.

Last edited by dean pearson; 01-04-2013, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dean pearson View Post
                    I used to love Whataburger when I lived in Texas.
                    Here we have to settle for In-N-out. Know why IN-n-Out burgers taste different than any other??? Dean.
                    because In-N-Out uses fresh beef?

when i went to San Antonio in '09, i was taken to a What-a Burger - it was fine.

but it was no "Double-Double w/cheese and grilled onions"! (one of the 3 culinary reasons i miss so-cal occasionally).

i'll have to check out my old In-N-Out T-shirts, but i do think Studebaker is represented...
                    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Yes it is fresh beef but notice a sweet flavor ?
                      Cant swear to this but it comes from an older friend of mine who was also personal friends with the original creator/owner of In-N-Out.
                      The other big thing for them was their milk shakes so it was a win / win for him to incorporate dairy beef into his beef. I believe it to be 20% + - dairy beef.
                      Yep,... good ole black and white Jersey cow.
                      Still fresh tho. and I eat there regularly.

Dean.

Comment

Pure ground beef will fall apart when cooked. A binder is used in the grinding process to keep the meat from turning to crumbs when it is cooked. Some processing plants use sugar instead of soy powder for a binder in their ground beef. Could be what they do that gives it a "sweet flavor."

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
                          i'll have to check out my old In-N-Out T-shirts, but i do think Studebaker is represented...
                          If you find one- I'd be very surprised!!!
                          I'll also be the first in line to buy it...
                          StudeDave '57
                          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                          SDC Member since 1985

past President
                          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                          San Diego Chapter SDC
                          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

here ya go, Dave: http://shop.in-n-out.com/Collector-Shirts/3003/dept

i thought shirts #106 and #101 may have been 40's Studes (i have #106, but it's about worn out). but looking online at the pics, i don't think so...
                            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I was in a Dairy Queen in Fairfield, Texas and didn't have my camera with me. There were some old pics of Dairy Queen history, and among them was a pic of a bullet nose Stude with the DQ logo on the door, must have belonged to the owner. And no, it wasn't a Tucker....

Comment

Working...
                              X