Cherry Bombs or Smittys or ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust: Cherry Bombs or Smittys or ?

the exhaust on my '63 hawk is a bit cobbled together, I'm planning to replace it soon. I has cherry bombs on it now which sound pretty good.
    this is a bit of a opinion poll but which mufflers sound best on a Stude 289.
    I'm of the opinion if my exhaust is too loud your too old
    Mark Riesch
    New Bern, NC

Smittys. Bettet sound

Comment

Smithy's. I have them on my 53 and I like the "MELLOW"

Comment

A '63 Studebaker Avanti should Be loud (In My opinion).....a 'Gran Turismo' '63 Hawk...not so much.

Comment

I put trush glass packs on my 64 hawk 2" out lets and I think they sound nice. I'am sure when they get older they may be little loud if I stand on it.

Comment

Originally posted by TXmark View Post
            the exhaust on my '63 hawk is a bit cobbled together, I'm planning to replace it soon. I has cherry bombs on it now which sound pretty good.
            this is a bit of a opinion poll but which mufflers sound best on a Stude 289.
            I'm of the opinion if my exhaust is too loud your too old
            So you like your Cherry Bombs. I would think you have the best data base to make your decision. Cut outs are still the best.

Bob

Comment

Well...a trombone and a fart are capable of emitting the same musical note...neither are appreciated when presented to an audience not prepared to receive it....
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

The Series 40 FlowMasters on my Avanti sound AWESOME !!!
                sigpic
                John
                63R-2386
                Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

If your only objective is to be loud brash and get noticed, then by all means go for it! I like to arrive at my destination being able to hear. I also like the exhaust quiet enough to hear the mechanical sounds of the engine. Sometimes I like to listen to the radio....does that make me old????
                  Bez Auto Alchemy
                  573-318-8948
                  http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

I seldom listen to the radio or any music, I like quiet, I've worked in loud industrial facilities all my adult life, but... I love the exhaust tone of a V8 with glass packs.
                    Mark Riesch
                    New Bern, NC

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
                      If your only objective is to be loud brash and get noticed, then by all means go for it! I like to arrive at my destination being able to hear. I also like the exhaust quiet enough to hear the mechanical sounds of the engine. Sometimes I like to listen to the radio....does that make me old????
                      Yep, That makes you old. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
                        I could not agree more. If just sporting around town, glass packs may be keel. But if actually driving vary far, the rumble gets old. Kinda like drag pipes on a Harley. Even when young, I only ran drag pipes around town on Harley's. when I take a Stude to a muffler shop, I always ask for the quietest mufflers they have.

Comment

Nothing sounds better, " than a Stude V8 with duals running thru a pair of Smitty's!". Nothin Better!!

Comment

Stay with the Cherry Bombs......

Comment

Originally posted by hawk58man View Post
                              Nothing sounds better, " than a Stude V8 with duals running thru a pair of Smitty's!". Nothin Better!!
                              I agree, it Smithys for my 289 Conestoga. Can't wait to hear it!
                              Pat Dilling
                              Olivehurst, CA
                              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
                              X