Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks Like a Potential Deal

Sal?

Last edited by Studedude; 12-31-2012, 10:35 PM.
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Izit just my monitor, or does the side indent stop at the front edges of the doors???
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
      Izit (A) just my monitor, or (B) does the side indent stop at the front edges of the doors???
      Definitely (B), Bob. 'Looks like some rusty front fenders have seen serious work and "lost" that definition line at the rear edge(s).

Or possibly fiberglass, too?

I dunno, but the recreation was, shall we say, less than faithful. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Very likely fiberglass fenders as noted above. They are a little wavy, and notice the absence of vent doors.

Comment

Not perfect.

Not terrible for a (possibly negotiable) BIN of $13.5K.

(It's not a four door 6 banger rust bucket sedan sitting on the ground.)
          Last edited by Studedude; 12-31-2012, 08:36 PM.
          sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

I was a couple days late in buying this car off Craigslist. I was going to do the same thing this guy is doing. The car looked pretty solid and a decent driver. I just missed it. It was for sale on CL for $4500. I just didn't see it in time. Too bad for me. I think its certainly worth up to 10K or I would not have bothered to call.
            But thanks for the heads up. I've got my eye on another one though. We'll see how that turns out.
            Last edited by sals54; 12-31-2012, 10:17 PM.
            sals54

Comment

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
              I was a couple days late in buying this car off Craigslist. I was going to do the same thing as this guy is doing. The car looked pretty solid and a decent driver. I just missed it. It was for sale on CL for $4500. I just didn't see it in time.
              $4,500.00, in CA? WOW!

I would have shipped it here for that!
              sigpic
              Dave Lester

Comment

I believe this guy stole my interior. LOL

Comment

The interior is one of the things I was going to change. Those bucket seats are original 65 GTO bucket seats. They would probably bring a healthy amount of cash on ebay all by themselves... and could easily be replaced by another, cheaper set of replacements.
                  sals54

Comment

Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
                    Very likely fiberglass fenders as noted above. They are a little wavy, and notice the absence of vent doors.
                    My first thought was that they might be fiberglass too. Sorta look similar to the old repops that N&A made years ago.
                    Chris Dresbach

Comment

Glass fenders or whatever, its not a bad looking Stude. I haven't seen any in that color. It looks good.
                      sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

The only thing I would "HAVE" to change would be to lower the rear a little and tuck the tires under some. Then, I would drive the hair off it.

Comment

Working...
                        X