What a Great Forum We Have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a Great Forum We Have

After almost 800 of my own posts and reading thousands and thousands of others, I rarely see anything negative or overly critical. The one person who often rains on others' parades has acknowledged his actions and seems to be comfortable in being different. To the hundreds of the rest of you, thanks for helping to make the experience of owning a Studebaker so enjoyable and interesting. Happy 2013!
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

I agree, what a great resource we have here!
    After being out of the Studebaker world for twenty years while building a house and raising three children, I was bitten again.
    Found my 57 Packard wagon in a salvage yard last spring and found the forum and what a great help it has been!
    Then a 1965 Wagonaire crossed my path, had to bring that home as well.
    Thanks to everyone who has helped me this past year! Have a happy healthy New Year everyone! Keep the Studebakers and Packards rolling.
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

i agree. what a great forum we have! even though i love Studebakers, it was this forum and club friends that mainly kept me from straying in the months i was stude-less!

i really don't even mind the very few that "pontificate" occasionally, unless they go way off topic.

i also appreciate the "curmudgeon" or two, that occasionally may not be the most tactful in their posts, but have probably forgotten more Stude knowledge than i'll ever know.

and - the folks that have come back after an absence - i learned much from them by using the "search" feature when i first came aboard.

finally, kudos to Clark - our "chief cat herder" - keeping us in line when necessary.

Happy New Year to all!!!
      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Thanks for posting Tim--just what the forum needed. Seems like everyone was getting a case of the winter blues around here. And at times, I think people may read something into a remark that wasn't intended--some people are more to the point than others.

So here's to a happy 2013 where we all think about what draws us together (some strange affliction with a particular make of car) than those trivial things that draw us apart. And hats off to Clark as well.
        Dave Nevin
        Corvallis, OR
        1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
        Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

Originally posted by paintim613 View Post
          After almost 800 of my own posts and reading thousands and thousands of others, I rarely see anything negative or overly critical. The one person who often rains on others' parades has acknowledged his actions and seems to be comfortable in being different. To the hundreds of the rest of you, thanks for helping to make the experience of owning a Studebaker so enjoyable and interesting. Happy 2013!
          General Studebaker-Specific Discussion FORUMSDC and Forum Discussions FORUM (the one our PAID CONTRACTORS specifically established for all our "FORUM"RULES"!!! It is sad, but it is VERY true!!!

Folks, You have "contracted out" Your Club and with that You have "contracted out

!!! AS A REMINDER !!!

CONTRACTS FOR ALL 2014 and 2015 STUDEBAKER DRIVERS CLUB, INC. PAID CONTRACTOR POSITIONSIFqualified

Comment

Welcome,------------ Why???????????????????????

Comment

In memory of Bob Glasscock, I would like to thank those that help make the forum a more structured place.

I reckon those folks are doing a (mostly) thankless job, and probably deserve a raise.

Forum members and monitors are recruited from the human race. Therefore, mistakes will be made, and should be forgiven.

Let's all work together to continue to improve our forum experience!

Oh... and... HAPPY NEW YEAR!
              sigpic
              Dave Lester

Comment

Well said officer Dave and a Happy New Year to all my Forum friends as well.
                Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                In memory of Bob Glasscock, I would like to thank those that help make the forum a more structured place.

I reckon those folks are doing a (mostly) thankless job, and probably deserve a raise.

Forum members and monitors are recruited from the human race. Therefore, mistakes will be made, and should be forgiven.

Let's all work together to continue to improve our forum experience!

Oh... and... HAPPY NEW YEAR!
                Frank van Doorn
                Omaha, Ne.
                1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Tim, that made me laugh out loud! Happy new years !
                  Bez Auto Alchemy
                  573-318-8948
                  http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Yes, for me, it was a very busy, but fun 2012, Studebaker-wise. Lets' all have even more Stude fun in 2013!!

Craig

Comment

Tim, I'm haveing trouble understanding the true purpose of this post!and as for #s,it's not just "ONE" there are a few out and about being different.
                      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Well, there sure enough WAS a time that the Studebaker discussion place was untethered by spoil-sports otherwise known as "moderators". Yeah - it was great. Studedude can back me up on this. Suffice it to say - there's maybe 5 or 6 folks that still post on that ancient venue. I'm not certain about trhat 'cause I haven't looked in there in ages. It COULD be brought back to life by simply posting there again. There, you can tell all how dumb their political or religious leanings are. You can tell others just how stupid their choices of car or driveline is - I know I did.
                        When one intellectual sort kept making a point of how stupid I was because I was overweight, it was time to leave. Of course, the place wasn't "owned" by "contractors" and that eventually resulted in 99% of the crowd there, gravitating here. Of course, your results may vary!
                        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Mr. K: you are one of those that i meant - that i'm happy you are back! while our politics are not close, that's not why i'm here and enjoy your posts!

Welcome: some, if not most of your posts don't even rate as a "curmudgeon". just someone looking to nitpick others that don't agree with your agenda (whatever that is, other than your issues with management on any subject). really bad form to try to screw up a "Kumbaya" moment for us on the forum from all around the world that LOVE our Studebaker(s) as this New Year begins.

obviously you've never learned the about the "spirit" of the law (rules) and enforcement of said laws.

have a great year!
                          Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                            Well, there sure enough WAS a time that the Studebaker discussion place was untethered by spoil-sports otherwise known as "moderators". Yeah - it was great. Studedude can back me up on this. Suffice it to say - there's maybe 5 or 6 folks that still post on that ancient venue. I'm not certain about trhat 'cause I haven't looked in there in ages. It COULD be brought back to life by simply posting there again. There, you can tell all how dumb their political or religious leanings are. You can tell others just how stupid their choices of car or driveline is - I know I did.
                            When one intellectual sort kept making a point of how stupid I was because I was overweight, it was time to leave. Of course, the place wasn't "owned" by "contractors" and that eventually resulted in 99% of the crowd there, gravitating here. Of course, your results may vary!
                            Helluva site that is so successful that there are "5 or 6" posters. They're obviously on to something. Personally, I've never belonged to a forum that you could the entire membership in the back of a Wagoneer.It certainly supports the theory that moderators are over-rated.

Bob
                            Last edited by sweetolbob; 12-31-2012, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Most of us are so old if we were having a fight , others might think we were dancin. That's were I am right now. I don't where to laugh or get mad. Somebody tell me what the last 14 posts mean. If we are having a fight, I need to start swinging. If we are dancing, I can't hear the music. LOL LOL LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X