Drum him out of SDC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum him out of SDC?

How could he have done this? I clearly remember teaching him to count! But perhaps he did not pay close attention in biology class either?!

My son, Graeme, who owns a Power Hawk in need of some restoration, has caused his wife to become pregnant - and that is GREAT. BUT - the due date is during the holy days of the York Pennsylvania Swap Meet! I think that such a HUGE miscalculation is like, well, - like Studebaker finding out that they can't fit the front fenders to the cowl when the '53 C/K's were first put into production!! I think he's in danger of drummed out of SDC for this! Oh, the shame!

Perhaps my parental-type "bird and bees" lecture 'splaining skills were not exactly exemplary, but..... it's not MY fault! I'm not taking the "fall" for this!!

The trouble is, they've made their bed, and now I'M going to have to lay in it! Now I'm always going to have the dilemma of going to the birthday party OR going to York!

OR, maybe we could move the date of the swap meet! What say, Keystoners?
    Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
    61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
    Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
    Ride me in a Studebaker"

Have the birthday party at York!
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Roger , your not the only one this is happening to.My youngest boy ( an SDCer) is getting married next September , smack in the middle of the month ! That is PSMCDR weekend......I'm just not sure which place I'll be <g>
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by STEWDI View Post
        The trouble is, they've made their bed, and now I'M going to have to lay in it!
        Does that mean you'll be in the same situation as my neighbors down the street? They are 'mom & dad' second time around! Their daughter got pregnant too early in life, and is financially incapable of raising the kid, so they are forced to raise it now.

Craig

Comment

Be a nice father and get a "parts wanted" list from Graeme before York this year (you are still expected to attend the biggest swap meet within driving distance yearly as part of your membership. Look at the fine print.) But no excuses after this one--he will be expected to show up extra early next year.

(Congrats, btw.)
          Dave Nevin
          Corvallis, OR
          1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
          Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

Boy what a laugh you've given me. I read the post to my wife and she too had quite a laugh. There is some truth to what you said, you probably will miss York for a few years, but let me tell you grandkids are lots more fun than hanging around with a bunch of old Studebaker guys any day. But then mine weren't born on a day that interfers with a whole lot of Studebker importance either........
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

To: STEWDI,-----Hey,...if the baby is a boy....Suggest to name Him 'York'...kind of a cool name, in this day and age of choosing unconventional names!

Comment

Birthdays are easy to deal with. Have the celebration the weekend before or the weekend after York. Or hope the baby is a week late...
                Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Well, they haven't chosen a name for what's-his-name yet. "York" is good! The middle name could be "Pea-ay"!
                  Roger Hill

Junior Wagon - "Junior"

Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Joe, you're right about them being a lot of fun. Graeme and his wife Nicole produced "Nathan" three and a half years ago, and he's a riot. It's wonderful to be a grandfather! Glad you enjoyed this spoof!
                    Roger Hill

Junior Wagon - "Junior"

Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

When my youngest Daughter announced her wedding date I told her"Sorry, I can't go. that's the same day as the Zone meet in Atlanta."She said "OOOKAY! I'll move it to the next weekend."
                      Then when her son was born she called me at a Club function. and said "Well,I had that boy 'bout 10 minutes ago!" Her mama didn't go to the Club outing. Said she just "Had a Feeling somthing might happen." She was right.

When my 3rd grandaughter was born,To a different Daughter, I waited around the hospital untill they said "She's here! and everyone is OK." I shoved 2 grandsons into the Avanti,drove 50 miles, conducted a Chapter Meeting, then drove back to the hospital to find out what her name was.
                      It was Haleigh! She attended the next chapter meeting.
                      Neil Thornton

Comment

Math and arithmetic seem to be a common problem with this new generation. I could give numerous examples for my young-uns.

At least your Graeme was able to identify each model year of Studebakers at about 2-3 years old. (TRUE!). Mine are still struggling.

Just make sure that Graeme's wife Nicole does not deviate from this March date, so everyone in your family can attend the annual 40th anniversary Ontario Chapter Swap Meet in Badenoch, ON Saturday, April 27, 2013. (information at www.ontariosdc.ca). If you have any parts needs, let me know in advance if possible. (shameless plug)

Comment

Change the date on the birth certificate and just don't tell anyone. Now that was easy!
                          Do you have any real problems I can help with?
                          I'm here for ya man.
                          Dean.

Comment

There is more to life than Stude's...
                            I know you meant this to be tongue in cheek.... But really.
                            Stude's are just a thing.
                            A cool thing, but just a thing.
                            When someone, myself included, makes it an obsession above all else, then some reflection is in order.
                            Finding that balance is not an easy thing to do in life.
                            And we are here for such a short time.
                            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by dean pearson View Post
                              Change the date on the birth certificate and just don't tell anyone. Now that was easy!
                              Do you have any real problems I can help with?
                              I'm here for ya man.
                              Dean.
                              My grandfather did not change the date but gave the wrong date for his daughter's birthday. She (my aunt) has celebrated two birthdays every year, she is now 91. I guess she has had 182 birthday parties.
                              sigpic
                              55 President Deluxe
                              64 Commander
                              66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Working...
                              X