Unique Stude Acquisition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unique Stude Acquisition

My Bro gave me for the Holidays. Very cool.

That's a great looking radio. Do you know where I could get one?

Comment

My brother-in-law gave me the same model (but with a different dial face color) for Christmas a few years ago. It works great (even has a weather radio), but be careful of that antenna. I've busted mine off twice. But being the CASO I am, I just fitted the broken parts back together and kept on listenin'!
      ~Matt Connor
      '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

The most likely place to find one of these radios now would be eBay.
        Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO

Comment

I was given one several years back as a gift...it didn't work. At some point I disposed of it.
          Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

here's a link to a *-load of them: http://www.thefind.com/search?query=studebaker+radio
            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Target sold a load of Studebaker-tagged items quite a few years back - toothbrush holders, throw rugs, portable radios - the works!
              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I also have one that is a record player and radio I bought from Target several years back. It did work and then I reboxed it and its collecting dust somewhere.
                Tom
                sigpic

Comment

My Stude radio is in the guest bathroom tuned to an oldies station!

Comment

If that tuning knob were smaller......it looks like it might be a good substitute for the windshield wiper knob on a '63 Avanti! (or the radio knobs for that matter)

Comment

Those "toothpaste tube" style radio knobs have been available from most Studebaker vendors for years. There must have been a pile of them left over.
                      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

To: Radio Roy,----"Toothpaste Tube".....perfect description for those things!

Comment

I, too, was given one several years ago. It's terrible, and we live in a major metropolitan area with strong radio signals.

But it works good enough for a background radio, so to speak. (I finally hung it from the basement ceiling on a coat hanger in an area where it worked "pretty good.") BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

My wife bought me one of these when they first appeared here locally. I gave away the record player (Goodwill), stuck the radio like this somewhere in the garage and actually got some decent service outta the CD player/Radio that I still use on occasion.
                            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

My good friend the late Ernie Stoltzfus, gave me one exactly like the one in the OP for Christmas quite a few years ago.
                              I have it in my office, and think of him every time I play it. R.I.P. Erndog, we miss you dearly!
                              Jim
                              I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Working...
                              X