Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starlight/Starliner Trivia Question

This is a two part trivia question.

1) What postwar model years did Studebaker use the Starlight name?

2) What postwar model years did Studebaker use the Starliner name?

Someone may surprise me with the correct answers right off. If not, I have six clues ready to go. I will probably post the clues after ten incorrect answers and/or daily.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

TO: studegary,------Better call this something else.......you know how the 'Whiner Group' feels about trivia!!!!!

Comment

47 for starlite52 to for Starliner,
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
        47 for starlite52 to for Starliner,
        Bob, you should know better <G>. There is no "starlite" Studebaker and I asked for years used, not starting year.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

1949 thru 1954 and again for 1958 for the Starlight name, and 1952 thru 1954 for the Starliner name. Just a guess without looking, though.

Craig
          Last edited by 8E45E; 12-29-2012, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
            1949 thru 1954 and again for 1958 for the Starlight name, and 1952 thru 1954 for the Starlight name. Just a guess without looking, though.

Craig
            Craig - I am not surprised that you almost got the correct answer. Reread your post and I am sure you will see your error.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
              Craig - I am not surprised that you almost got the correct answer. Reread your post and I am sure you will see your error.
              There...fixed!

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                There...fixed!

Craig
                Craig - Now you have the correct (IMO) answer.

I expected others to start the Starlight with 1947 and/or include 1955 for one or both. Also, some may not think of the 1958 (that was a Starlight that should have been a Starliner).
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I thought the 'T' word was banned from the general & tech threads.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                    I thought the 'T' word was banned from the general & tech threads.
                    I think that is true only if it is over used.
                    Pat Dilling
                    Olivehurst, CA
                    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

To: Pat Dilling,----Just wondered if You are the spokesperson for the 'Whiners' now?

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                        To: Pat Dilling,----Just wondered if You are the spokesperson for the 'Whiners' now?
                        I have just got to learn how to insert the ROFLMAO character into the text; just found it

Comment

come on now! i believe "most" of the posts were calling for a "moderation" of the daily amount of trivia threads - and either a new "trivia" category on the forum or a move to "Stove-Huggers" - which the latter was done.

if i'm not remembering this correctly (it has been a couple weeks ) , please post a few over there - in moderation, of course!!! i think you'll get a lot of "views" and some answers...

in the meantime, knock off the name calling. think of the kids (newbies)!
                          Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

To: Corvanti,-----Sorry, but if the shoe fits...............

Comment

To: Corvanti,-----Sorry, but if the shoe fits...............
                              wear it!!!

works both ways.....

time to stop this and get back to loving our Studes.
                              Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Working...
                              X