1964 Cruiser available in Beaverton Oregon, $1500 obo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Cruiser available in Beaverton Oregon, $1500 obo

There's a 1964 Cruiser available (Dec. 28 2012) in Beaverton Oregon for $1500 obo.

Mark L
    Last edited by Mark L; 12-28-2012, 09:36 PM.
    Mark L

This car has been on craigslist for many, many months. I've always been curious but have never looked at it, since I'm not needing another Studebaker right now. It sounds good, but there must be something wrong with it as it should have sold months ago. I'd be glad to take a look at for someone though......

Comment

Yeah, what is wrong with it is, it has been beaten within an inch of it's life, lots of miles on that baby.

It is nothing that a new a front fender, some body work, a paint job, a new engine, rebuilt Transmission, some rebuilt seats, a new interior, rebuilt suspension, new brake system etc, etc. would not fix though.

You could tell from pictures of both, that the Horizon Green '64 Daytona Sedan in Monroe, Mich. at USA Trailers that sold on the 17th with the non-turning engine, was a much better deal for $2000.00 than this worn out running one.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 12-29-2012, 12:55 AM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Interesting. Not that it doesn't need more work than I want/can put into it, but compared to the Seattle 65 C/L Commander? It's a gem!
        Or this one, near me: http://susanville.craigslist.org/cto/3438656269.html It says Susanville, but Dayton, NV for those on the outside is just
        east of Carson City, NV.

Maybe that's my problem, I looked at one after the other....
        Last edited by LeoH; 12-29-2012, 09:49 AM.

Comment

If you are close to Dayton, I think you should go look at it. There is no way to tell anything from those useless, stretched horizontally, too small, cellphone pics.
          StudeRich
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            If you are close to Dayton, I think you should go look at it. There is no way to tell anything from those useless, stretched horizontally, too small, cellphone pics.
            I'm going to call tomorrow. Those are pretty useless pics aren't they? The local club President didn't know about the car, so I'm going to see it close up before I drag a stranger over for a second opinion. It's been stored 12 years, ran up until then. As best as I can tell, the interior looks intact at least, the wife says the BIL should know about the car. It's stored on his property, the wife is in AZ.
            It's scary that it's listed as green on green; from the photos it appears more like the faded brown/bronze metallic color. I'll see.
            At least it's not red (don't like red) or black , not in Nevada in the summer!

Comment

I am not surprized at the brownish red color of those lousy pics, it is reflection or just a bad (Camera?).

If it is factory, it most likely is
              Horizon Green a light silver-green metallic, just really sun faded.
              StudeRich
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

StudeRich in Post #3 is being awful hard on the Beaverton, OR '64 Cruiser since he doesn't know its history. The seller's father (a long time SDC member) bought that very car from me - ad says 17 years ago - sounds about right. It was my daily driver for a couple of years - a very nice car to drive. I had bought it from Ben Pierce in West Richland, WA - and he is a recognized Studebaker person. Our local Studebaker mechanic worked on that car, and I know it had new front brakes, water pump, and maybe a fuel pump put on it right before she decided to sell it. Yes, she says it needs u-joints but she didn't want to spend any more money on it at that point. So, yes, she has driven it many miles, and it has some cosmetic issues, but it is a running, driving Studebaker that was tended to by Studebaker knowledgeable people in this area. She has dropped her price, and I think it is a good car for the money.

Comment

I agree with Studebakercenteroforegon, I have been watching this car, hoping it will sell so I won't be tempted. I just finished a '64 HT, so I really don't need another!!!

Comment

If it is located in Dayton, OR, I am about 30 miles from there, or 60ish miles from Beaverton. Be glad to take a look & get some good pics...no, I don't need another Studebaker, my wife has informed me....

Comment

"Studebakercenteroforegon", thanks for your input on the car near Beaverton.

I think the thread changed directions starting in post #4 when a discussion was introduced about a different car located near Dayton Nevada.

Mark
                      Mark L

Comment

Might be ok for some up and coming Stude person if a stripper doesn't get it first. Hopefully the drive train doesn't end up in a wagon. cheers save 'em all.
                        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
                          Might be ok for some up and coming Stude person if a stripper doesn't get it first. Hopefully the drive train doesn't end up in a wagon. cheers save 'em all.
                          Pokin' the sleeping bear again Eh!!!

Comment

Does the bear chitt in the woods?

I'm not one to hide my convictions when someone stoops to squandering caused by the me first syndrome. Just can't be overridden by one's thinking that said object couldn't possibly serve at a higher inherent value to another cause me needs it first. Some folks less fortunate economically than others could use a break from time to time. In many of life's situations. cheers Amen, don't get me going. Happy New Year. It's your car so do what you want with it. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Studebaker Drivers Club forum members "unsworn creed" I wouldn't have even subjected a 56 Chevy 4 dr. sedan to the same fate and I don't even like them.
                            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I believe this is the same car that was mentioned on here a year or two ago by it's owner. He seemed like a nice guy but was convinced the car was worth more than the people on the forum told him it was and he wasn't interested in selling it on ebay. I think his price is aleast much more realistic now.

Joe
                              sigpic

1962 Daytona
                              1964 Cruiser
                              And a few others

Comment

Working...
                              X