WOULD LIKE to find an armrest for my lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOULD LIKE to find an armrest for my lark

iii am having a hard time finding an armrest for the passenger side of my lark. ive tried ebay, tried various vendors. i have one that is cracked and worn, the rest are in good condition. sure would like to find one in half way decent condition. those parts are easy to have detoriated over the years, one more would make my armrests to be all completely good.

Have you a picture of the one your looking for?
    Bo

Comment

Color wanted ?

Comment

What year? Are they all the same?

Comment

I have some NOS blue 59/60 arn rests. May have a complete set of four used ones with new blue covers, too (can't remember).
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Sasco had a big bin full of them,maybe Studebaker International saved them? Give S.I. a call.
            Oglesby,Il.

Comment

ive asked si with no success. color doesnt matter, i vinyl dyed them all black. i just needed one for the 59 lark the right passenger side

Comment

As noted above, I have several brand new ones. If interested, please PM me.
                Skip Lackie

Comment

door pull vs. armrest

They are 2 different animals and sometimes cornfused, A door pull can double as an armrest but an arm rest can not be a door pull. All 4 dr. sedans have arm rests/door pulls. 2 dr cars have 2 dr. pulls and 2 rear arm rests. 59 Larks have larger /different style door pulls and armrests than do 60 Lark. 60 thru 62 have type like 55 Studes and some others. You can not slide your hand between an arm rest and interior panel. Just trying to make your search easier. cheers jimmijim
                  Last edited by jimmijim8; 01-03-2013, 04:10 AM.
                  sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Originally posted by 52hawk View Post
                    Sasco had a big bin full of them,maybe Studebaker International saved them? Give S.I. a call.
                    Yup, we still have them. It took me about three days to seperate all of them by color and year. (they were mixed up very, very well.)
                    Chris Dresbach

Comment

Sorry Chris,I'm one of the guys that mixed them up,looking for a couple for my Hawk!![didn't find any]
                      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Speaking of armrests, I'm looking for a set of blue ones for a '64 Cruiser, and some interior door panels too.
                        I've been looking all over, but no luck.

Comment

Paul, I sent you a pm.
                          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Just a thought, and no offense intended; are folks who have "looked all over" and found nothing, not members of SDC? Sometimes it takes patience but, through the TURNING WHEELS ads, local chapter contacts and club activities, not to mention this very forum, I have never managed to be thwarted in a search.
                            I can't quite put my finger on why I like Studebakers but, I can tell you, it has a great bit to do with the folks who share the interest.
                            Brad Johnson,
                            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Lots of folks just "don't join clubs" and so they do not realize the value of the magazine and the ads and making acquaintence with like minded folks who are willing to help.
                              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X