Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebakers Keys to Happiness - Did anyone find one of these under the tree Christmas morning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers Keys to Happiness - Did anyone find one of these under the tree Christmas morning?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7349.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	1737026 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7350.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	1737027

Studebaker used the "Keys to Happiness" promotional in the late 1920s and early 1930s at Christmastime. Here two original jewelry box presentations used in that era to present the "keys" of the new Christmastime Studebaker. I believe the one with the wheel logo is early 30s while the other is a bit older.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

That would have beaten the "big red bow" from Lexus hands down!

Comment

Dick. Looked under our Christmas tree plus the other family trees but no luck. Thanks for sharing those unique Studebaker items with us all at this time.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
      MELBOURNE.

Comment

Yes, Dick; we found a set under the Christmas Tree yesterday morning, so I know how exciting that can be!

However, they can't seem to be located right now. It is believed they went home with my 3-year-old grandson in his new Lincoln Logs case.

Daughter and son-in-law are checking at their home, but complications have arisen involving one of their dogs and/or a downstairs toilet.

Honest, we had a set of those keys in a mint presentation case, but you may have to take my word for it if they aren't promptly located. (I just knew I should have taken more pictures Christmas Day!) Sorry. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
          Yes, Dick; we found a set under the Christmas Tree yesterday morning, so I know how exciting that can be!

However, they can't seem to be located right now. It is believed they went home with my 3-year-old grandson in his new Lincoln Logs case.

Daughter and son-in-law are checking at their home, but complications have arisen involving one of their dogs and/or a downstairs toilet.

Honest, we had a set of those keys in a mint presentation case, but you may have to take my word for it if they aren't promptly located. (I just knew I should have taken more pictures Christmas Day!) Sorry. BP
          Cut open the vacuum cleaner bag!

Craig
          Last edited by 8E45E; 12-08-2013, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
            Cut open the vaccuum cleaner bag! Craig
            I have an odd feeling they would not be found there, Craig. <GGG> BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The only other place to look is down the hot air register (provided your house is heated with forced air, and your diffusers are on the floor).

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                The only other place to look is down the hot air register (provided your house is heated with forced air, and your diffusers are on the floor).
                Craig
                I found the pet turtle there once. "Pickle" was only about the size of a 50cent piece.
                It was too late by the time he was discovered.
                sigpic
                Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

Dick, When I recieved the build sheet for the 41 president I bought off ebay last month I noticed it was a christmas car. It was ordered on 12/24/40 and made 12/28. I thought of those ads when I seen that. Didn't they have that promotion in 41 also?

Comment

Originally posted by Lark Parker View Post
                    I found the pet turtle there once. "Pickle" was only about the size of a 50cent piece.
                    It was too late by the time he was discovered.
                    Amazing that the air from the register was warm enough to shrink that full grown turtle to the size of a 50 cent piece....
                    sigpic
                    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Did you think...." That's funny...I keep smelling turtle soup?"
                      Bez Auto Alchemy
                      573-318-8948
                      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Dick has "the keys to happiness" but, I'll bet he hasn't tried them on every Skyway he's come across. They must fit something.
                        Brad Johnson,
                        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                        X